Miami Hotel Recommendation??

Dpeeps

Okay, I have done my homework and I am going to make a decision today:D

I have added another hotel to my list.

HIPOM (I have booked) $159.00

IC (on LMT I can get for $167.00)

Conrad (on LMT I can get for $ 95.00)

We plan on going to Bayside. Maybe walk there in the afternoon and cab back to Conrad after dinner.

I know we can walk to and from HIPOM and IC.

Please help me decide:confused:

Is IC worth the extra $$$?

Is the convience of HIPOM near Bayside worth the extra $$ over Conrad.

What I have read here the Conrad sounds good (not much in reviews).

Trip Advisor has reviews from 2006:cool: nothing recent.

Is there a place to buy soda, wine, water near Conrad? I know CVS is near HI, is this in the direction of the Conrad.

Myself, DH and DS (age 16)

I appreciate any and all of help:)

Holiday Inn POM is an overpriced dump. Stay somewhere else.

Have you looked into the Hyatt or Marriott Biscayne Bay?

Thanks for the suggestion but..

Hyatt is close to $200.00 and Marriott is $ 299.00.

I am leaning toward the Conrad.

I will for sure cancel my reservation at HI.

I'm sure Conrad will be very nice.

I only suggested the others because I got the Hyatt for $89 on LMT and I got the Marriott Biscayne Bay for $99 on their website.

Ok, good luck!

I'm sure Conrad will be very nice.

I only suggested the others because I got the Hyatt for $89 on LMT and I got the Marriott Biscayne Bay for $99 on their website.

Ok, good luck!

I am cruising during spring break, not many deals out there for that time:(

I beg to differ.

Our stay at HIPOM was excellent in every way. We encountered friendly, efficient staff. The room was spotless. The location was fantastic. We walked directly across the street to the Bayside Marketplace.

The Hyatt and Marriott are far away from the Bayside Marketplace and require a taxi ride to and from the area. There is nothing nearby so to get any kind of activities requires transportation. We know from experience, having stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay.

Know that the Conrad is not close to the Bayside Marketplace, so you'll need to pay for transportation.

As I posted above, we had a great stay at the HIPOM. In fact, we are staying there again, pre cruise, next month. We requested a room overlooking the port, which also overlooks the Marketplace. It's so much fun watching the hustle and bustle. There is a traffic light so it is very safe to walk right across the street to all the shops and restaurants. And watching the ships come into port at 5:00 A.M. is quite exciting in itself.

I beg to differ.

Our stay at HIPOM was excellent in every way. We encountered friendly, efficient staff. The room was spotless. The location was fantastic. We walked directly across the street to the Bayside Marketplace.

The Hyatt and Marriott are far away from the Bayside Marketplace and require a taxi ride to and from the area. There is nothing nearby so to get any kind of activities requires transportation. We know from experience, having stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay.

I know a taxi is needed but I look at it this way. I paid $89 for the Hyatt, $7 cab fare to Bayside & back. For the same night the HIPOM was $180. So I still came out ahead.

Ummmm, starting to get a little nervous...it's been 2 days and we haven't got confirmation on our 10/17 reservation at IC through LMT.:o

Will they notify us if we DON'T get the booking? How many days should it take? Pretty soon here I'm going to have to firm up something else. Any advice?

Happy Sails,

Annette

Yeah!! I finally decided to call LMT to see where we stood. Turns out the reservation was confirmed but the e-mail hadn't been sent. We're all set for the 17th and are very greatful for the tip we got here! :)

Happy Sails,

Annette

I know a taxi is needed but I look at it this way. I paid $89 for the Hyatt, $7 cab fare to Bayside & back. For the same night the HIPOM was $180. So I still came out ahead.

No way in H)*&^ the HIPOM is worth $180.00 USD/night! It might be worth about $60.00 USD/night.

Hi all,

I have read these boards since "forever" and have gotten so so much help and advice from them that I am eternally grateful. But something that has me bothered is that..there is such a difference among the posters has to the quality of the HIPOM hotel !!! They say it is really great or it is a dump..now that's quite a difference !! I have seen many different opinions on these boards about different hotels but this one is a real puzzler.

Puzzled???

Looking for a place in Jan.2011 so have been doing lots of reading.

Later,

Knarf (Frank backwards)

The link to find out what the hotels are on LMT really works!!

I used the URL to find out what hotel with 3.5 stars, being listed for $129, in the Downtown Miami Area with Continental Breakfast for 2 was the Marriott Biscayne Bay (ID 919). I still have 90 days for my cruise, and have backup hotels booked (no cancellation fees), s I'm going to wait til I get the other auction site vouchers to see what kind of hotel I can get with the 2 free nights or $140.oo total in bonus cahs they give me. Hopefully If I dont get anythng good on there. I'll save their voucher and use LMT. Hopefully the rates will drop for the IC by then.

Had a Flexible Rate Reservation @ HI POM for $199+25.87=224.87

Cancelled that for....

Intercontinental (same parent company btw) $167+26.71= 193.71

(lastminutetravel)

Personally I don't think that HI is in the same league as IC

and January is the high season in South Florida that is why the prices are higher in Jan than in Oct

Had a Flexible Rate Reservation @ HI POM for $199+25.87=224.87

Cancelled that for....

Intercontinental (same parent company btw) $167+26.71= 193.71

(lastminutetravel)

Personally I don't think that HI is in the same league as IC

I think you'll like the Intercontinental. We just came back from our cruise this weekend. Spent a couple nights last weekend at the IC before boarding our ship. It's a beautiful hotel. The staff are very friendly. You've got a beautiful view of Biscayne Bay. And it's walking distance to the Bayside Marketplace.

Does the Intercontinental hotel have a free breakfast?

The IC's own website offers a "with breakfast for 2" rate under their Special Packages section. A standard double was going for $216.00 + tax for my date. That's $120.00 more than I paid through LMT. That's a lot of mcmuffins! :)

Happy Sails,

Annette

A very authentic Miami breakfast would be a cafe con leche and toasted Cuban bread. I believe that there are some places at Bayside that offer this. (It's one of my favorite breakfasts.)

Or, if you see a bunch of guys clustered around a window with a little shelf on it, and they're all giving each other grief about something in Spanish, poke your head in and order breakfast.

I just booked a cruise out of Miami for next month. Got the

Intercontinental on LMT for a total of 96.00:). I have stayed there

before so I am really excited:D

Archived