Laundry ?

gardencat

Okay, hope someone can help me with this.

I hate to over pack. My rule is everyone has to be able to carry their own luggage. (and I mean carry, not pull on little wheels!). When I cruised on Norwegian I made it but I didn't bring any formal clothes. Now I am looking forward to a cruise on Celebrity and that means a few more formal clothes. (I'm looking forward to the chance to dress up a little). BUT... that means I have to cut down on the amount of casual clothes in order to fit in those extra fancy duds. SO.. are there laundry facilities on Celebrity ships! ( Century in particular.

Can I plan on wearing the same outfit on day 6 as on day 2? ( after a little laundering of course).

Any info would be appreciated.

Carry your own luggage???? What a taskmaster. King Kong couldn't carry my DW's cruise luggage.

There are no self-service laundry or clothes pressing facilities on any Celebrity ships. They do have same day and next day drycleaning and laundry facilities on board with prices somewhere between your local cleaners and hotel pricing.

Being male, I think it is entirely proper to wear the same clothes on day 6 as you do on day 2 (without a little laundering). But, no one likes my opinion.

Don't forgot, formal hours begin at 6:00 pm and end when you get back to your cabin for the evening.

Les

I had some things laundered on the Milli and I was very pleased with the service. I really didn't think it was too expensive I had next day servise, same day is kind of pricey. Lorelle

Hi there Garden Cat

Well, I could not possibly manage my suitcase without the wheels. I try to bring just the one plus over night bag.

You will be able to do some washing in your cabin. There is a small clothes line accross the shower. But anything heavy or really soiled will need the laundry service.

Just got off the Century April 10th Its a great ship you'll love it.

Julie

GardenCat..... Here's a female's opinion about wearing the same outfit twice....

Yes, you can do it. But...I would do it on the first day and the last day...for example. Spacing is good! icon_wink.gif

Remember, there are always great t-shirt purchasing opportunities on board and in the ports. I am learning to leave a few shirts at home (especially for the kids and my DH)...knowing that we will purchase and wear them.

Some of the cotton quality in the ports can be pretty poor. The rule of thumb on purchasing t-shirts...is that you do get what you pay for.

The (10 for $5.00) price on t-shirts in the Caribbean ....is an example of poor quality cotton. We got a bunch of night shirts for my children...after the shirts didn't fit anyone!

Anyway...I getting way off topic here. icon_biggrin.gif

Boo's Mom

Even the winds and the waves obey him!

Matthew 8:27

Thanks everyone for your input.

My 'carry your own luggage' rule was reinforced last October when we left from NY on the Norwegian Dawn.

We drove to the port abd parked at the pier. There was no sign of any porters where we parked so we grabbed our luggage and started to head to the building to check in. Now I had one suitcase, one carry on, and one large (attache sized) purse. My suitcase had wheels so I was doing fine till we discovered that the only escalator down to the correct level was out of order .

So... grab your bags and lug them down a LONG flight of stairs.

Because of my policy, I was able to make it down (though I had cramps in my arms when I made it to the check in line) but my sister and her husband had to make a couple of trips up and down to get everything.

When we disembarked they had fixed the escalator but we docked at a different pier than we had left from so we still had to drag our luggage back a long way to the car. (There were porters around when we disembarked but way to few to hanfle the number of people disembarking at the same time.)

Now I am determined to travel light as you never seem to know these days when you will be running from one terminal to the next etc.

Archived