What to do in Orlando for a few hours post cruise?

gslargent

Our flight doesn't leave until 5 PM. We are considering using Carnival's luggage express where they take your bags to the airport and check them in. Is there anything worth doing in the Orlando area from 10 AM-4 PM?

Our flight doesn't leave until 5 PM. We are considering using Carnival's luggage express where they take your bags to the airport and check them in. Is there anything worth doing in the Orlando area from 10 AM-4 PM?

Tons!

What do you like to do? Water ski,simulated sky diving,jet ski,fishing,ripley's,ect. Do a search for "International drive attractions"

Just a heads up, you need to be at the airport in Orlando a solid 2 hours early, especially during the summer and at holiday time. Everyone and his brother, who has been at Disney and other sites is trying to leave in the afternoon, and most of them don't fly often so it takes a LONGGGGGGGGGGG time to clear security.

Having said that there is plenty to do including a run to Downtown Disney to get a feel for the area, I - Drive, shop, Sea World, etc.

I actually prefer to hang out in Port Canaveral. I'll get off the ship and go have breakfast then down to cocoa beach for a bit, have lunch and take in a movie........

I agree with a PP that you need plenty of time to get through security at the airport. Even in the fall it can be a nightmare. If at all possible I try to fly 1st class to/from Orlando, just so I can be in a shorter security line.

Winter Park in Orlando has great restaurants, wine tasting and fabulous window shopping, another choice might be the Mall at Millenia with tons of upscale shopping, tasting and wonderful restaurants it is also very close to OIA . Whatever your choice enjoy.

Later,

Rhonda aka mucklucks

A previous poster mentioned the "Ripleys" museum. It is located on International Drive in Orlando. It would not be out-of-the-way in getting back to Orlando airport. It would take a few hours to go through and if you paired this with lunch it would be about the appropriate amount of time prior to needing to be at the airport.

We have not been to this Ripley's but the one in Niagara Falls was great and both the adults and kids were just amazed at some of the exibits. It was well worth seeing IMO.

Here is their address, ph# and web address for directions and addl info: http://www.ripleysorlando.com located at 8201 International Drive, Orlando 407-351-5803

Good luck to you what ever you choose and have a wonderful cruise. Cari & Rick in Indy :)

Kennedy Space Center, Wet n Wild or Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach.

There are outlet shopping centers off of International drive in Orlando if you're into that.

You might check out Daytona Beach and Ron Jons.

The Kennedy Space Center is fabulous, but it's a full day, and with transport back to Orlando from Port Canaveral, and the 2 hours you'll need at MCO, you'll need to be hitting the road at 2:00 to insure that you're at the airport in time. So that really only gives you 4 hours.

Rather than spend a fortune going to a Disney Park, I'd grab some lunch at Downtown Disney, or at one of the hotels (Polynesian Ohana for example.) Then perhaps some Fantasia Mini Golf. Quiet, not too taxing. There's also a movie theater at Downtown Disney, so lunch and a movie perhaps. The movie is indoors, so there's always that.

What you might want to do is get transportation from Port Canaveral to MCO, then explore a round trip with Disney Express. They have Buses that go to Disney Properties from the airport and back again.

Have fun!

Archived