PG Reviews - June 26, 2010

AnglerGirl

My DH and I went on the regular snorkle trip in Rangiroa (not the drift snorkle). It was wonderful. There were a multitude of fish, black tipped sharks, and a moray eel that several people in our group were fortunate enough to see out swimming around - all 5-6 feet of him! One of the gentlemen that guided our boat out to the snorkle site played the ukulele while we were in the water which was a fun touch.

We had a blast on this voyage! It was a phenomenal cruise with absolutely hilarious people. There ought to be a law for having that much fun. Lots of reviews and thoughts to share by the gang. Still unpacking and trying to recover from the sun, the drinking, the dancing, the covorting, the snorkeling, the food, oh my. Any questions, please shoot. Voila!:)

Oh my dear Angler Girl, there are not enough adjectives to express the grand time we had on this cruise with all our cc friends. What a hoot is was to be with you and your little sister, Mountain Driver, Tattoo Boy, South Seas Sue and daughter, Ocean Hills etc. and their spouses. As a group we could have had a good time anywhere, but being together in FP was a gift. I am most impressed that everyone has so many postings up so soon. It is very quiet here at home without our village. Miss the PG, miss FP, miss you and the rest of our wonderfully crazy people.:D

We had almost a whole day less travel than AnglerGirl and she still beat us to the punch (probably to the rum punch too!).

We have a couple weeks worth of 'home stuff' to catch up on, but let me give you the brief version:

This was our fifth trip and BY FAR the best ever. Most of our favorite crew members were on hand and some of our NEW BEST FRIENDS (the CC members) were there to make it one HELLAVA good time! The food was GREAT the booze even better and we really had a wonderful cruise! It was perfect in nearly every way.

We did have some weather early on. I have seen rain before, but we also had some strong winds for a day or two. The captain made the right decision to switch the Rangiroa and Bora Bora days (to avoid a night at sea during the storm). This was such a small flaw in such a FABULOUS cruise that I almost didn't even mention it.

I spent a couple hours last night just unloading over 1000 images off my digitial camera and will post some when I have the time. We are actually reconsiding our itinerary for next summer in hopes of recreating the MAGIC of this cruise!

Ia Orana for now!

Aaah yes, it was wonderful wasn't it. I do hope that you and the lovely Mrs. are aware of the fact that you can only recreate the MAGIC of this cruise by packing all your new best friends along. The luggage charges are apt to be brutal.

To those of you on the June 26 cruise...I have pics and videos to share via email to most of you. I've not forgotten! All my images are ready to go but I'm waiting for sister to pass me her flash drive later this week so I can pass on her images too. We have some fun group photos so far. :D

SSS, the good doctor could have danced his way across the US in those months! Don't forget to add the newlyweds from Denmark who were on week #2 of their 11 week long honeymoon. "We come to Tahiti via Dubaii! Weeeeeee!!! I'm so luckeeeeee!!!" Hilarious.

Oh my, you mean there is evidence? ;)

We'll all have to share some of these touching moments captured on film. Perhaps we could all go CA and have Mountain Driver give us a slide show of his 1000 photos.

Nah, you'll never see ANY dophins! Unless you count the 75-100 we saw:D

4779151598_a79a9985c2.jpg

They don't call them Spinner Dophins for nothing!

4778516827_219de9ebd9.jpg

Hey look! They're in the water!:D I am glad to see you were successful at capturing them in photos, nice work. They were so quick it was really difficult. It was so great to be able to see so many of these beautiful creatures in such a short time span.

Hi!

I'm sure MtnDriver will have some great pics. All

I got was a picture of the bread and butter at the

village dinner.So, any pics wil be welcome.

All you guys made it a great cruise. Not every day can

a group of strangers meet and hit it off as we did.

People who read this thread will think that we are a bunch

of wacos.They just don't know what happened on this cruise.

My DW thinks I'm checking on fares to Europe HA!

Little does she know what we have in mind for

next year( I told her that Europe is closed)

Again, Thanks to all of you for a great time

Hi Mustangmonie, Which Rangiroa excursion did you do? I have heard some novice snorkellors have been hurt on the coral drift snorkelling, therefore hesitant to book Bruno's. Did you book before you went or when you docked?

I am sorry, I don't remember the exact name of the tour, but I want to say it was the aquarium tour or something of a similiar ilk. It is kind of funny because you can see the end point for snorkeling from the launch point. At first we thought we were going on a tacky excursion, however, it really was fun. You will know which excursion it was simply by eliminating the drift snorkle if you are not up for that. We signed up late and were on a waiting list, they had none slot available, but not two and we werew on our 25th anniversary trip so it would have been lame for one of us to go without the other. Due to the new itinerary change based on the route to avoid the storm the drift snorkle was canceled and we were able to hop onto a boat that morning. I think all the boats were rerouted for the snorkle trip. If we had it to do over, we would just book it outright.

Hi!

Again, Thanks to all of you for a great time[/quote

Greetings and salutations Tattoo Boy. I have my money on MtnDriver's photos too. That camera was quite intimidating. I have a lovely photo of you and Mrs. Tattoo Boy at dinner while I was running around trying to make sure I had photos of all our new cc best friends. It doesn't matter whether or not folks think we are wacos. We are, and we had a splendiferous time because of it.

I must ask, how is your beautiful wife and are the ol' boys okay?

Thanks for the yuks,

Mr. and Mrs. Mustangmonie

Hi!

Again, Thanks to all of you for a great time

MtnDriver: Dear, I know we were planning to sail on Mariner next summer, but Tattoo Boy says that Europe will be closed. Honest! We will HAVE to book another sailing on the PG. After all, Mr & Ms Tattoo boy are one sailing AHEAD of us, we CAN'T let them get any further in the lead (just when we passed Wendy).

MsMtnDriver: Well, OK if EVERYONE is doing it, I guess we'll have to as well.

MtnDriver: (I can't believe she bought that!;))

3. I cannot swim now as I have a balance disorder. My husband is thinking of bringing his own snorkel gear and doing one paid dive. Will there be stuff for me to do? I am ok to sit on a beach and read or go for walks if it is safe.

4. One person suggested the 7 day cruise and then 7 days in Moorea. Is that a good first trip thing to do? Where to stay in Moorea?

5. HOw many suitcases? Did you bring your own power strip?

Dear Trav:

3. My DH does not swim either and he survived just fine. You can take a non-swimming excursion by yourself and the new friends you will meet. Sometimes there is grass you can sit on but not necessarily sand. As to safety, I feel it is safe but just as you state that, something weird could happen.

4. If you don't swim/snorkel you might get bored on Moorea for a week. I think all of us believed a 7 night cruise on the PG is too short, you would have plenty to do if you stayed on the cruise longer than 7 nights. Figure out the daily costs because the prices on the islands are high.

5. 1 large & 1 small suitcase for two adults; more than enough clothes, shoes, etc.

We brought a power strip on the advice of a CC member but never used it.

Mustangmonie....glad to see you're on-line. Say hi to DH for us. How's Bronco country? I think about our cruise and friends as I complete the routine chores around the house. I would sure like to have that room steward clean my house.

Yes, how are we going to share all our photo's? Maybe someone can set up a WEB site we can all access and post our pictures.

Hi to MtnDriver & wife, Tattoo boy & wife, of course, AnglerGirl and sister. I think Bandt and Maui would have fit right in.

Again, Thanks to all of you for a great time.:p Well said Tattoo boy.

Hi!

June 26th'rs - Each of you will get an email from me with a link to a slideshow on smugmug. You can then post images as you please. I admit my head is spinning (not from the cocktails mind you) with the number of photos and videos I've seen over the last couple of days. I thought Mtn took alot. Little sister had so many I had to weed out doubles. Forgive my lateness.

Well if we're all thinking about next year, I think we need to take this to email. I'm game. We should invade Texed and Company's voyage to make the village larger.

Ed, make note that on Motu Mahana, this group had a flag (a red wife beater shirt tied to a stick stuck in the sand) which indicated the village boundary. I came back from the coral garden drift snorkel to find these villagers sitting around a pyramid of empty coconuts, bbq chix bones scattered about and the chief passed out on a lounge chair.

Oh, and sister and I got an email from Chicago. They reminded me that I was prancing about Mahana with my bathing suit bottom on inside out. :eek:

I was also reminded that Tattoo Boy did not come out to push us girls around on our floats in the lagoon. Shame!

Ocean, are you the one with "the sunglasses"? If so, I need your email (or if anyone has her email, can you forward it to me?). I have a great photo for your holiday newsletter. :D

3. I cannot swim now as I have a balance disorder. My husband is thinking of bringing his own snorkel gear and doing one paid dive. Will there be stuff for me to do? I am ok to sit on a beach and read or go for walks if it is safe.

4. One person suggested the 7 day cruise and then 7 days in Moorea. Is that a good first trip thing to do? Where to stay in Moorea?

5. HOw many suitcases? Did you bring your own power strip?

Dear Trav:

3. My DH does not swim either and he survived just fine. You can take a non-swimming excursion by yourself and the new friends you will meet. Sometimes there is grass you can sit on but not necessarily sand. As to safety, I feel it is safe but just as you state that, something weird could happen.

4. If you don't swim/snorkel you might get bored on Moorea for a week. I think all of us believed a 7 night cruise on the PG is too short, you would have plenty to do if you stayed on the cruise longer than 7 nights. Figure out the daily costs because the prices on the islands are high.

5. 1 large & 1 small suitcase for two adults; more than enough clothes, shoes, etc.

We brought a power strip on the advice of a CC member but never used it.

Mustangmonie....glad to see you're on-line. Say hi to DH for us. How's Bronco country? I think about our cruise and friends as I complete the routine chores around the house. I would sure like to have that room steward clean my house.

Yes, how are we going to share all our photo's? Maybe someone can set up a WEB site we can all access and post our pictures.

Hi to MtnDriver & wife, Tattoo boy & wife, of course, AnglerGirl and sister. I think Bandt and Maui would have fit right in.

Again, Thanks to all of you for a great time.:p Well said Tattoo boy.

Europe, schmoreoupe!

2012 Mtn!

MtnDriver: Dear, I know we were planning to sail on Mariner next summer, but Tattoo Boy says that Europe will be closed. Honest! We will HAVE to book another sailing on the PG. After all, Mr & Ms Tattoo boy are one sailing AHEAD of us, we CAN'T let them get any further in the lead (just when we passed Wendy).

MsMtnDriver: Well, OK if EVERYONE is doing it, I guess we'll have to as well.

MtnDriver: (I can't believe she bought that!;))

Hi!

June 26th'rs - Each of you will get an email from me with a link to a slideshow on smugmug. You can then post images as you please. I admit my head is spinning (not from the cocktails mind you) with the number of photos and videos I've seen over the last couple of days. I thought Mtn took alot. Little sister had so many I had to weed out doubles. Forgive my lateness.

Doubles? I took over 400 images of dolphins (on Dr. Poole's excursion)!

Well if we're all thinking about next year, I think we need to take this to email. I'm game. We should invade Texed and Company's voyage to make the village larger.

That will work. :)

I think HR Prof has 7 or 8 trips on the PG so he has me beat ... I am only up to 5.

I may be able to bamboozle the DH in a weak moment. Our problem is that we are booked and confirmed to go to Vietnam in February and on the Voyager in November so all holidays are accounted for.

Other than that the June date that Texed is on looks good.

Next year: I don't know, 2 long flights in one summer; we're biking down the Danube River then taking part in Oktoberfest in Munich mid-September with our ski club.:cool:

PG with the group is sure tempting! We may be game to skip a year and try for 2012 on the PG unless we get a deal that we can't refuse!!!!;)

Ed, make note that on Motu Mahana, this group had a flag (a red wife beater shirt tied to a stick stuck in the sand) which indicated the village boundary. I came back from the coral garden drift snorkel to find these villagers sitting around a pyramid of empty coconuts, bbq chix bones scattered about and the chief passed out on a lounge chair.

Oh, and sister and I got an email from Chicago. They reminded me that I was prancing about Mahana with my bathing suit bottom on inside out. :eek:

I was also reminded that Tattoo Boy did not come out to push us girls around on our floats in the lagoon. Shame!

Apparently the flag bearer and I had enough coconuts to not notice the bathing suit bottom being on inside out. That is hilarious. We sat next to you on a lounge chair, and spent time floating on the rafts with you and little sister (again without Tattoo Boy's assistance) and still didn't notice the bottoms; not even on the last tender back to the ship. If Chicago and his dear wife weren't so adorable and sweet, I might think it was not nice to remind you of the great bathing suit incident.

I am sad to report that the village flag is sporting a new bike grease stain. DH is VERY concerned. I am working on it, but if it doesn't come out, I really don't think it will prevent it from being planted in the sand, billowing in the wind, and calling out to it's people.

The DW just said "Tell them we are game IF THEY ARE!"

We agreed that the village was a convergence of demented (but highly entertaining) individuals. I really hope that we can recreate this experience!

Also, we haven't rec'd your email if you sent it.

Archived