1st July - quick review

jmc27

Hi guys - as you know from my previous questions we booked this last minute and I was very concerned after reading all the stuff on internet. well there was no need..we had a brill time and number 1 daughter now understands why her Dad and I are cruise addicts!

Deck 3 turned out to be a great deck - the night of the swells and rolling ship we were fine and slept like logs. The cabin definitely needs a refurb, when we arrived the shower was covered in black mould, tiles were loose and in danger of cutting someone and the carpet had stains all over it. A trip up to guest relations and by the time we walked into Palma and back the shower had been bleached clean, the carpet shampooed and next day all the tiles were regrouted and sorted. Our steward was fab and twice a day replenished my ice bucket for our bottle of water. His towel art amazed my daughter - at 26 I thought nothing could do that!

Food was great - we ate in the Oasis once only as all food was good no matter where we were. Loved the ports of call - Rome in 35 degree heat was a little too hot for me but still spectacular.

The only slight negative is this - I have cruised with hubby several times but this was the first time in a girls only group and it made a differenc eto the way the staff treated us - the touching of my shoulder, arm etc was noticeable and annoying, it has never happened when I am with my husband but as I say only a very slight negative - all in all a great trip and I would recommend to friends esp for what we paid. Off again in 2 weeks to Alaska - no doubt the temp will be slightly different - happy sailing everyone.

Hi jmc27. Great review, we've just got back from the Celebration after going on the IE. Unlike the IE we didn't get towel art, even though the upper decks obviously did. Also, disappointingly, we didn't get ice in our cabin the whole week. Shower cubicle was bigger as well. So, all in all, much better service on the IE in our opinion.:):)

Jan

Sure did - not the late show though which I assume was aimed at a very adult audience! Loved the Welsh entertainment team thought they were very funny in their various silly game shows.

Archived