Mariner Embarkation Luncheon - Noordam Aug.19/10

oshawa

I have seen a number of posts re |Mariner's Luncheons in the MDR onb embarkation day and am wondering if this venue will be open for all Mariners or just a higher rated specific group. Will this luncheon be offered on the Noordam or just specific ships and itineraries?

We are at this time Mariner 2 levels (2nd Hal cruise).

I have seen a number of posts re |Mariner's Luncheons in the MDR onb embarkation day and am wondering if this venue will be open for all Mariners or just a higher rated specific group. Will this luncheon be offered on the Noordam or just specific ships and itineraries?

We are at this time Mariner 2 levels (2nd Hal cruise).

According to the HAL literature, it should be open to ALL Mariners, on ALL ships and on ALL itineraries.

According to posts on this forum, it appears this is not always the case for a variety of reasons.

If you really want to attend, I suggest you print the HAl Mariner benefits from the HAL website and hold your own once you get on the ship. Good Luck !

We have been on at least 8+ cruises since the Mariner Embarkation Lunch was introduced and every time we have boarded, we have been directed to Lido. Seeing we know about the MDR lunch, I always ask about it and still am directed to Lido.

We happen to like going to Lido on Embarkation Day (I like the energy and excitement particularly of first time cruisers :) ) so have never pursued the subject but if we preferred dining in MDR, we would go there to at least inquire.

Not one time has anyone answered "Yes", You may go to lunch in the MDR" so one can only guess they are trying to minimize attendance.

As taxmantoo mentioned -- a couple of people have mentioned in their reviews here that when they got to the dining room, the dining room manager informed that it was open to only those Mariner's who were 4 Stars -- which is not what is listed on HAL's site.

Definitely take a copy of these benefits with you if you wish to eat in the dining room and someone tries to give you flack.

As taxmantoo mentioned -- a couple of people have mentioned in their reviews here that when they got to the dining room, the dining room manager informed that it was open to only those Mariner's who were 4 Stars -- which is not what is listed on HAL's site.

Definitely take a copy of these benefits with you if you wish to eat in the dining room and someone tries to give you flack.

We board July 17 on the Maasdam and I have it all printed and highlighted. I am not taking all our carry-on stuff to the Lido (we are driving to the port so there is a lot more stuff) and insist I will eat in the MDR as the Lido does not have trays and then we have to find a vacant spot in the Lido and take turns going up for the grub there. No way.

First cruise after the start of this new Mariner program, we were directed to the Lido. I asked about the Main Dining Room and got a tight little scowl from an assistant DR manager, and a "yes".

Second cruise, at the (4 star) priority check-in, we were given a written invitation to the Embarkation Lunch.

Same embarkation port, different ships, different set-up. We would love to see more consistency from ship to ship.

Aside: the first cruise there was no priority embarkation for 4-star Mariners. Second cruise there was, but we were directed to the regular line, until I showed our On-Line Check-in papers to the nice red-coat, who then directed us to the right line. Glad we did this because the regular line was l-o-n-g!

When did this mariner embarkation lunch program start? Has anyone who is just a regular mariner actually gone to the MDR and been turned away? What time is the mariner embarkation lunch in the MDR? How would anyone know about the time if there is no written invitation--except for the 4-star folks?

Archived