Time cabins are available on Mercury

RickyandLucy

It really depends on the port. i.e.; sometimes the Coast Guard does an extra inspection and it will delay boarding and cabin availability time. We have been in our cabin at 1:30 on one cruise and not until after 12:30 on another.

But in any event it is worth the wait to be on Mercury!

Thanks Ships R Great!! It will be our first time on Celebrity, but have a sneaky feeling it won't be our last!!! I'm glad we will get to sail Mercury before she leaves. We are driving (to Baltimore) just trying to figure what would be a good time to get there.

Lucy

In Baltimore it's usually right around 1PM. Boarding starts shortly after 11 (if EVERYTHING is on schedule), and you can go eat at the buffet, and then just relax and wait for your cabin to be ready.

By the time we ate lunch, looked around, and then found a place we were enjoying relaxing in, the announcement was made that the cabins were ready! :)

Take Care,

Jaime

Time cabins are available on Mercury

From your title, I though you meant "Time shares are now available on the Mercury." I thought to myself that the cruiselines really must be having a hard time if they are going to be selling timeshares. lol

Now, the Baltimore port has a past record of getting hung up because of fog, rough weather and late clearing inspections. We had to wait in line about an hour to get into the port, once. On the return, our ship was very late getting back to port because of fog, and then the clearance people were late. I can tell you that there were a lot of angry passengers. We were fine because we were staying an extra night, but a lot of people missed their flights. Once off, the exit to enter the port was backed up for a mile or more.

LOL Maniac. It might come to that the way the economy is going!!

I try to be specific in the title but sometimes it comes off comical!!

We only cruised from Baltimore once (in October) and we were on time coming and going. Got lucky!! This trip will be in January, so it's hard to say what the weather will be. We live in Maryland so flights are not an issue, thank goodness!!

Lucy

A half hour makes a LOT of difference. On our first ruise out of Baltimore we hit the terminal about 11:15 (ish). We were on the ship in less than thirty minutes. b On our next trip we missed the exit due to torrential rains. It took about thirty minutes to get back to the proper exit. By then lines were backed up and we stood for more than an hour. We will try to hit the terminal by 11:00 on our Feb Cruise.

On our last four cruises out of Baltimore, we've gotten to the terminal around 10:45, and onboard within 30-45 minutes. Have all of you online documentation done, and it's really easy from there! (Our last cruise took an extra 15 minutes to start embarkation because it was the first Mercury cruise out of Baltimore, and they had lots of ceremonial stuff and dignitaries to get onboard!)

Only our first cruise was a bit of a pain...lots of inspections and such to clear the ship, and by the time everyone was off, and the ship was cleared for us to embark, it was almost 1PM! This was at the old port though (Dundalk), and really, once embarkation started, that terminal cleared quickly!

Since then, everything in Baltimore has been wonderful (since the opening of the newer terminal a few years ago). I LOVE cruising out of there, and will always look at what cruises are going out of Baltimore first! :)

Take Care,

Jaime

Archived