Should I hang up clothes?

Since the Elation is a Fantasy class ship and the cabins are smaller you would do better to unpack and get the suitcase under the bed out of the way. If you try to live out of it that would be a pain in the butt in a small cabin.

I was a flight attendant for years and I don't think I've ever used hangers except in my own home. Do what makes you most comfy, the cabins are small. I tend to not bring anything that wrinkles and keep my still packed suitcase under my bed.

I second the unpack, hang things up (gets rid or rinkles from the trip) and use the suitcase for dirty clothes. This really does help with space issues and I have to ditto the statement that it makes it easiler to find things.

OP: It is not a camping trip. There is no reason to live out of your bag. Plenty of room to hang clothes and lots of shelf space.

Lol. While I agree I have on a couple 4 day trips that had a feel of a camping trip

Hey Young Cruiser!

We're going on our first cruise this November, on the Destiny, and our 14y/o dd will be going with us, Her first cruise too! If you have time, I'd love to hear a review of your cruise! My dd will especially like to know what you thought of the Circle C stuff.

PS: I'd hang the clothes up too. :-)

I am going oon a four day cruise to Cozumel. Should I hang up my clothes or should I leave them in the bag because we will be there for so short of a time?

Absolutely hang up your clothes! They will look and feel fresh...I even hang up clothes for an overnight! I pack a "garbage type" bag for the dirty clothes so no order is transferred into the suitcase (just in case we perspire).

Have a great cruise. Unpack and forgot about it for 4 days!!

Safe sails.

Just went on the Elation in May. I packed everything ON the hangers, yanked 'em out and hung them up when we got to the cabin. Nothing was wrinkled and when I repacked, just did the same thing again....easy as pie.

After watching CNN for a hour I can see this is an important question! I would contact your PVP or travel agent, tell them you're having a hard time with this question (and perhaps have difficulty with making any decisions that are forced upon you in your daily life) and see what their advice is.

If this is a serious question I have fears for our country.

That is what you get for watching CNN for an hour. :D

YES! YES! Hang up the clothes. My DH and I lived out of suitcases on the first five cruises we took. Then we were in an inside..could not walk. So we hung up the clothes..put the undies in drawers...shoved the suitcases under the bed..and voila..The cabin was a different place with tons more space. And in the Morning..no lifting the suitcase..just like home..open a drawer...go to the closet...Now I take extra skinny hangers..the kind the laundry uses that has sticky felt to keep clothes on..or pins if not...and when we board the ship..after the drill..or before..as soon as our luggage gets there..we divide up the space. ( can get heated) then work together to get everything hung or stored somewhere. Suitcases under the bed..and cabin is orderly and tidy.space is much larger..and you feel like you are REALLY there...TRy carrying some extra hangers..and unpacking just once. You won't go back. And in Motels..we never unpack. Even at the House of the Mouse where we have spent up to a week..No unpacking. But on a cruise.........Yes.

Archived