Should I hang up clothes?

YES! ...and when we board the ship..after the drill..or before..as soon as our luggage gets there..we divide up the space. ( can get heated) then work together to get everything hung or stored somewhere.

LOL we sail four women in an inside cabin and we have never gotten "heated" deciding how to divide up space. We just divide each closet in half, each pick a shelf, and shove our stuff in and hit the Lido!!!!!!

I definitely unpack!!!... Also, a little tip... I go to the dollar store get a 10 pack of hangers, throw them in the suitcase, use them when I get there, then I leave them for the people after me.... I have found there are not near enough hangers in the rooms, so you spend a dollar and maybe make someone after you happy!!

I definitely unpack!!!... Also, a little tip... I go to the dollar store get a 10 pack of hangers, throw them in the suitcase, use them when I get there, then I leave them for the people after me.... I have found there are not near enough hangers in the rooms, so you spend a dollar and maybe make someone after you happy!!

I place our hanging clothes in the garment bag on wire hangers (more room that way). That keeps it so we have enough hangers in the room.You are right about there not being a whole lot of hangers in the closet.

I sailed with a friend that refused to hang her clothes up and instead lived out of her bag in the middle of the floor on a 7 day cruise! I cant tell you how bad that was, well I can by saying we wont be sharing a cabin ever again:)

As long as it doesnt bother the other person in your cabin if you are sharing, do what you want... I do think you will find it much nicer to have every thing put up and away to give you more room to move around.

Hope you have a GREAT cruise~

Whenever I buy clothes I just ask them if I can have the hangers. I even had one clerk ask if I wanted more since she had a few to toss. They are free and I just throw them in the outside pocket of my suitcase then leave them on the ship when I return home.

I sometimes pack my clothes on the metal hangers from the drycleaners when I travel, then I hang them as soon as I get on the ship and as the clothes are worn I leave the hangers in the closet or offer them to the steward. On several occassions the stewards said they would go to use among the crew. I pack undies and nightclothes, and toilitries and cosmetics, and shoes-etc. in mesh bags that you can find at dollar style stores. You can then easily toss them in a drawer.

Archived