Bermuda in October- Too cold for swimming?

PAERRN20

Anyone ever been to Bermuda in October? Is the water too cold to go swimming? It aapears that the average water temp for the month is about 77-79 F...what do you guys think?

I'd say 77-79 is just fine for swimming. It may be warmer or cooler. We've been to Bermuda twice, both times at the end of Sept., it was fine for swimming. When in Oct. are you going? Maybe toward the end of the month it would be colder.

Anyone ever been to Bermuda in October? Is the water too cold to go swimming? It aapears that the average water temp for the month is about 77-79 F...what do you guys think?

We've been in May and October and both were too cold for us. But it depends on your nature. I'm a southern gal so I'm used to warmer water.

If we do book the trip we'd be there Oct. 1- Oct. 6

I just checked and our dates were Oct 8 - 11. The water was very cold and it was a little bit overcast which I think made it worse.

I hope it's warm for you if you go. Even though it was too cold for swimming we had a great time anyway.

Francie

That's warmer than we have on the Jersey Shore in mid summer. Depends what you're used to. I swam quite comfortably in 72 degree water last week.

Back several years ago we were on the very last Bermuda sailing of the season, in early November, and the water temperature was just fine for me and I am a native Floridian!!! We were extremely fortunate with the wonderful weather when we had our cruise to Bermuda!!!

Back several years ago we were on the very last Bermuda sailing of the season, in early November, and the water temperature was just fine for me and I am a native Floridian!!! We were extremely fortunate with the wonderful weather when we had our cruise to Bermuda!!!

Lucky you! I think what made us chilly was because it was overcast when we were there in October. We did swim a little and after awhile it didn't feel as cold but when we got out we were shivering. I think if the sun had been out it would have made all the difference in the world.

We went in mid-October. We definitely swam and snorkeled. The weather was HOT and humid. Much more so than we would have thought for that time of year. No matter how cold the water, we would have gone in. But then again, we are from New England...

You're picking up this internet thing pretty quickly! :p

Well, thanks to the many nice people here I'm learning. My daughter-in-law had to take care of a few things though because apparently someone was up to some shenigans on here. :mad:

But speaking about the current subject, my deceased husband loved to cruise to Bermuda but nether of us would be able to even put our toes in the water in October! Too cold for us. I agree with Mr. Pete about 92 degrees feeling cold getting in. You might just as well forget about anything under 80 degrees!! :eek:

Archived