Carnival's New Fare Policy

paul929207

Wow, it almost seems like you are defending Carnival like you married it or gave birth to it!! ;) Just having a bit of fun with you since you like to use that saying when some here defend Princess.

Would I defend anything like that, well, fair enough:D:) Princess does provide a feeling of elegance and classiness that I think is missing on the other lines I have tired. I enjoy different things including tent camping in Yosemite's Curry Village for $150 per night, this past June. However, I had a very similar experience like yours on RCCL to the point o giving up cruising for a while. It was Spring Break and Ensanda but it was enough.

I am mindful that Carnival, Princess and HAL are apart of the same corporate entity, Carnival Corporation. I don't understand a devoted Princess cruiser putting down a subsidiary they have no personal experience with. Sharing an experience good or bad is helpful. I have heard things about HAL, if true, would definitely would NOT be my choice. I have no desire to knock it because it has much older folks, more wheel chairs, and goes dead after 10 pm about the time I am ready to party. Maybe it goes dead after 10 because no one is willing to drop it like it hot for the band......that could change:D:)

Kooljamming

I'm just not sure what you are saying when you criticize someone for putting down a subsidiary of Carnival when they HAVE travelled on it but you can criticize HA and admit you have never been on one and only go on hearsay.

Sounds like a double standard to me

Yep, happens all of the time. Was the $2054 with all taxes and port charges or just the base cruise fare? One thing about Princess, I have found without being logged in with your captain's circle number, you can't actually see the price offered to you. But they are all different.......................which makes it even stranger.

Reason for this is because over time you receive promos through the mail that actually get recognized and saved to your account. Some people do not receive those same promos. You do not need to do anything to post these promos as Princess automatically does it and its good to go when you are cruising on a cruise thats elgible for a promo you received through mail, whether you remember or not. When I booked my August 29th on Emerald we only paid 449 for a 7 day and my girlfreinds dad had to pay 579 for the exact same thing. He was upset but sucked it up and booked anyways. But yeah, thats why its different. Good thing if you ask me. Keeps from having to hang onto every single promo flyer Princess sends you.

Would I defend anything like that, well, fair enough:D:) Princess does provide a feeling of elegance and classiness that I think is missing on the other lines I have tired. I enjoy different things including tent camping in Yosemite's Curry Village for $150 per night, this past June. However, I had a very similar experience like yours on RCCL to the point o giving up cruising for a while. It was Spring Break and Ensanda but it was enough.

I am mindful that Carnival, Princess and HAL are apart of the same corporate entity, Carnival Corporation. I don't understand a devoted Princess cruiser putting down a subsidiary they have no personal experience with. Sharing an experience good or bad is helpful. I have heard things about HAL, if true, would definitely would NOT be my choice. I have no desire to knock it because it has much older folks, more wheel chairs, and goes dead after 10 pm about the time I am ready to party. Maybe it goes dead after 10 because no one is willing to drop it like it hot for the band......that could change:D:)

Been on 3 Carnival cruises and they are garbage. I am sorry. Not gonna give reasons but my opinion is that they are. And I am 22 so maybe parties just arent my scene and I would rather go on Princess to really get away with my woman Lol.

Kooljamming

I'm just not sure what you are saying when you criticize someone for putting down a subsidiary of Carnival when they HAVE travelled on it but you can criticize HA and admit you have never been on one and only go on hearsay.

Sounds like a double standard to me

"I have heard things about HAL, if true".

I was clear that it was hearsay and most reasonable people would take hearsay with a grain of salt. My intent was not to put HAL down because I see nothing wrong with old folks, wheel chairs or early sleepers. It might simply not be for my choice , IF that is the case. Posting about drunks was intended as a put down, as one poster did, who hasn't been on a cruise. I give you that it could come off as a bit of double standard. If you are not sure and hasn't experience it, why waste time commenting on it.....my bad:D My apologies to Carnival Corporation stockholders.

@Ritson88 you are 22 years old getting away with your woman....hmmm If it's your honeymoon congrats, great chocie. I have never booked a vacation that I considered garbage. I don't have the means or finance to make that kind of mistake. Why did it take you 3 tries, mom was paying:D;) Most 22 years old are barely getting thorugh college and buried in student loans, at lesat in my old days. At 22 I was bar hopping, dancing on a few cold sober, and meals were from happy hour (Rockville Pike and Georgetown)....gosh the good old days of the 20's. Enjoy them!

Been on 3 Carnival cruises and they are garbage. I am sorry. Not gonna give reasons but my opinion is that they are. And I am 22 so maybe parties just arent my scene and I would rather go on Princess to really get away with my woman Lol.

We have sailed on 5 Carnival cruises in the past. Calling them 'garbage' is a pretty strong description and I don't really agree with that word whatsoever, but we didn't enjoy much of those we sailed on. Yes, we put up with watching food fights at the buffet, and drunken young men/women around the pool, but it was the gawdy and cheap looking decor that we couldn't get past that turned us off the most.

To us, it was like comparing a Motel 6 to a 4 or 5 Star hotel, just no way they fit into the same category. (and NO, I am not saying Princess is a 4 or 5 star hotel, just using it for a comparison). IMHO again of course. ;)

Would we ever sail Carnival again? No, not at any price, it is just not something we enjoy. In fact, Carnival tried to talk us into returning with the claim that they have 'changed'. They invited us to join one of their new ships (complimentary) for a press cruise (although we are not travel agents or press). We sailed out of New York. When we boarded the ship, it took us hours to stop laughing at the design and decor and one dinner to alert us to the fact that it hadn't changed much over the years.

Reason for this is because over time you receive promos through the mail that actually get recognized and saved to your account. Some people do not receive those same promos. You do not need to do anything to post these promos as Princess automatically does it and its good to go when you are cruising on a cruise thats elgible for a promo you received through mail, whether you remember or not.

And when you book through a travel agent, when using your Captain's Circle number they can find the same promotions that you are eligible for.

@Ritson88 you are 22 years old getting away with your woman....hmmm If it's your honeymoon congrats, great chocie. I have never booked a vacation that I considered garbage. I don't have the means or finance to make that kind of mistake. Why did it take you 3 tries, mom was paying:D;) Most 22 years old are barely getting thorugh college and buried in student loans, at lesat in my old days. At 22 I was bar hopping, dancing on a few cold sober, and meals were from happy hour (Rockville Pike and Georgetown)....gosh the good old days of the 20's. Enjoy them!

Nope, no honeymoon. And no bar hopping either. Just a little bit different I guess. "Got my head on straight" I guess is the correct terminology lol. But proud of it. Do not regret any decision I make...as of recent anyways lol. I have been on several cruises throughout my life. Lol majority payed for by my parents but I am proud to say I did dish out for my most recent 2. Including this next one I am on.

Wow, it almost seems like you are defending Carnival like you married it or gave birth to it!! ;) Just having a bit of fun with you since you like to use that saying when some here defend Princess.

My experience on Carnival was three years ago, but I have to say we did see a lot of drunken, bad behavior on our cruise. It was like one big, drunken frat party. Lots of nearly naked people by the pool with a few too many PDAs. I had to cover the kiddies eyes a few times! :eek: The entertainment was pure Vegas glitz, which was not my preference and it just felt very adult oriented. I kind of felt like it was the type of cruise where kids were meant to stay safely tucked away in the club the entire time so the adults could party. My kids didn't like the club though, so they were with us most of the time and there really wasn't much we could do as a family together. I will agree though the food was good and the beds were comfortable. Anyway, the overall experience really turned me off Carnival and I'd think long and hard before giving them another try.

I see from your signature line that your Carnival cruise was a 3 day Baja Mexico cruise which is NOT indicative of a normal 7 day or longer cruise. Most everyone KNOWS that the 3 and 4 day cruises are a drunken party whichever line its on. Other than repo'ing cruises Princess doesn't offer these cruises but a couple of lines do and they are just what they are advertised as, a long weekend party.

I see from your signature line that your Carnival cruise was a 3 day Baja Mexico cruise which is NOT indicative of a normal 7 day or longer cruise. Most everyone KNOWS that the 3 and 4 day cruises are a drunken party whichever line its on. Other than repo'ing cruises Princess doesn't offer these cruises but a couple of lines do and they are just what they are advertised as, a long weekend party.

Yeah, definitely can't get an opinion over a 3 or 4 day cruise. Never been on anything shorter or longer than a 7 day and don't plan on it. The perfect vacation for me.

"I have heard things about HAL, if true".

I was clear that it was hearsay and most reasonable people would take hearsay with a grain of salt. My intent was not to put HAL down because I see nothing wrong with old folks, wheel chairs or early sleepers. It might simply not be for my choice , IF that is the case. Posting about drunks was intended as a put down, as one poster did, who hasn't been on a cruise. I give you that it could come off as a bit of double standard. If you are not sure and hasn't experience it, why waste time commenting on it.....my bad:D My apologies to Carnival Corporation stockholders.

Well folks I have totally lost it -- I have no idea what is going on with this thread

so I guess I will have my glass of warm milk and honey, take all my pills, and kiss the old

woman watching TV. It is now 7:30 P.M. and time for us old folks to roll our wheel chairs

over to the bed.

:D:D

I think her put down of the elderly is just as bad as her complaint about the putdown of Carnival being full of drunks. She does have a double standard but always seems to feel here feelings are the right ones. Sorry

What Carnival cruises have you been on? I haven't seen any more drunks on Carnival or seen any more loud parties than I have seen on Hal, NCL or Celebrity. I guess I've missed all the stupid things people do too.What type of stupid things were there that you saw on a Carnival cruise?

I'm starting to wonder just how quiet/boring Princess is. I will hit 60 this year, and I have enjoyed all of my cruises. But darn, I've missed the parties and drunks, even though I don't drink alcohol (so you would think I would notice it) and I'm up til the wee hours upstairs listening to the bands.

Rick, I agree with you. Pam, I have been on two Carnival ships and have never seen what you described. No loud individuals or parties, actually, just the opposite. There were times when I wondered where most of the passengers were. I would be wondering the ship and there was not much activity. This was true on the Paredise and The Dream. The only party was the deck laser show and line dance which was family oriented.

I wonder how many have never been on a Carnival Cruise (not suggesting that you haven't, I wouldn't know) and have this false image of Carnival and deprive themselves of a great cruise at (most times) a great price. :confused:

My experience on Carnival was three years ago, but I have to say we did see a lot of drunken, bad behavior on our cruise. It was like one big, drunken frat party. Lots of nearly naked people by the pool with a few too many PDAs. I had to cover the kiddies eyes a few times! :eek: The entertainment was pure Vegas glitz, which was not my preference and it just felt very adult oriented. I kind of felt like it was the type of cruise where kids were meant to stay safely tucked away in the club the entire time so the adults could party. My kids didn't like the club though, so they were with us most of the time and there really wasn't much we could do as a family together. I will agree though the food was good and the beds were comfortable. Anyway, the overall experience really turned me off Carnival and I'd think long and hard before giving them another try.

Karatemom, Was this the cruise (from your signature:Carnival Cruise Baja April 14-17, 2006 )? It looks like a 3 day, According to the 2006 calendar, Friday thru Sunday. I would expect that a 3 day weekend cruise on any line is very likely to have crowd like that. That is not the 7 day group. Spring Break might be an exception.

Rick, I agree with you. Pam, I have been on two Carnival ships and have never seen what you described. No loud individuals or parties, actually, just the opposite. There were times when I wondered where most of the passengers were. I would be wondering the ship and there was not much activity.

Pictures from a Carnival cruise below

1424968060_0293_04.05Survivorcompetitiondeck10P3040193.jpg.4a9b4cd783903ecf3ce8bb89e66c653f.jpg

765422832_0343_04.05Survivorcompetitiondeck10P3040201.jpg.48d647c94043e2894e5b1a869d589713.jpg

418557856_0072_28.05Signatdeck11stairstoToplessSundeckP2280109.jpg.0f14d1fdcc833e36a5804c14da178978.jpg

That is plainly from an organized group activity - the picture is named the Survivor Competition by the pool. What is wrong with this except they are younger than alot of us. :(

Yeah, I think everyone is talking about the unorganized riff raff. I agree that this is an organized event and there really isn't an issue there.

Most TAs will book a Princess cruise at the same price as Princess charges. Some TAs will book the same cruise at a discount usually giving up part of their commission to do so.

Both full price and discount TAs will often offer on board credit ($$$) or onboard gifts such as wine or a dinner at a specialty restaurants. The money for this usually comes from either part of their commission or a dicount they get for booking a block of cabins.

Princess will never try to match what a TA will charge when you find a lower rate at a discount TA.

Discount TAs just make that affordable cruise more affordable.

But TA's in the UK charge extra for using a credit card, whereas if you book direct, there are no charges.

Archived