Crown Princess

SANDEE

Hi Guys, Can someone tell me how old the Crown is and what shape she is in. Thinking of doing the Western Carribbean at Christmas?

Thanks,

Sandee

The Crown Princess is just a few years old (she was launched in 2006). My partner was onboard last New Year's and said the ship was in great shape. We're booked for this New Year's too!

Hi Sandee,

I've booked the Crown for the December 23, and looking forward to the holiday cruise. I've only cruised on the Carribean Princess but have heard good comments and the Crown. Hope you will be on the cruise too!

Linda

This old Crown Princess is currently the ocean village II, the sister ship to the "OLD: Star princess.

crown_princess_1990_1.jpg

She's actually been transferred again and is sailing for P&O Australia as the Pacific Jewel.

Pacific-Jewel-syd-12-dec-09.jpg

Princess ships go into drydock every two years or so; they update soft goods and do repairs/replacements that can't be done while there are passengers onboard in addition to mechanical repairs, painting, etc. Plus, they constantly paint, repair and replace on every cruise. I've seen them replace carpeting in hallways and elevator areas on port days.

Being constantly maintained means that while you might see some wear and tear, the cabins and public areas are in pretty good condition. I never consider the "condition" of any cruise ship unless something is broken. It's just not that big a deal to me.

Hi Guys, Can someone tell me how old the Crown is and what shape she is in. Thinking of doing the Western Carribbean at Christmas?

Thanks,

Sandee

As mentioned, she is 4 years old. We did the Western Caribbean at Christmas last year, and it was a wonderful time. The weather wasn't very good, but the ship was beautiful and there were lots of Christmas themed activities. You will have a great time, she is a beautiful ship.

Mike

Archived