Tell me about the first night show please

Jo and Rob

On the Crown Princess the first night show was not great as it consisted initially of lots of people being introduced and walking on and off the cruise. It did have some music and dancing at the end thank goodness and everything else about the Crown was amazing (and the shows also greatly improved).

On Independence of the Seas the first night show was a music and dance extravaganza with the band on tiered seating on the stage so you could see them (I loved the drummer who was also the music director). Funnily enough as a ship I was not as keen on RCI and Princess had the edge on the cruise overall.

So what kind of first night show does Celebrity do? What is the standard of evening entertainment in general? We will be on a 14 night cruise to the Med from Southampton (Eclipse July 2011) and are also looking at a 7 night cruise in Feb in the Caribbean (Summit Feb).

Hi, Jo and Rob! IMHO, first night of Solstice theatre sounds like first night on Crown Princess. Went to three additional shows on Solstice, but I could do without the first evening . Likewise, could and did do without the last show (basically a recap). Did like the other shows, though.

Will tell you my favorite was Solstice The Show. Without a doubt! Very much like Cirque de Soleil. Wouldn't miss that one!

Hi, Jo and Rob! IMHO, first night of Solstice theatre sounds like first night on Crown Princess. Went to three additional shows on Solstice, but I could do without the first evening . Likewise, could and did do without the last show (basically a recap). Did like the other shows, though.

Will tell you my favorite was Solstice The Show. Without a doubt! Very much like Cirque de Soleil. Wouldn't miss that one!

Great good advice!

Do they have different entertainment venues? Will there be a comedian for example someone else on the first night?

Great good advice!

Do they have different entertainment venues? Will there be a comedian for example someone else on the first night?

Apart from the various bands etc around the ship, all the entertainment was in the theatre. We didn't get to the first night show, so can't say exactly what it was like. As said Eclipse:The Show is worth going to. Its the last production show and is (as said) a mini Cirque du Soleil. If he is on your cruise, do not miss Neil Austin (Magician)...he had the whole theatre in stitches!!

Simon

Apart from the various bands etc around the ship, all the entertainment was in the theatre. We didn't get to the first night show, so can't say exactly what it was like. As said Eclipse:The Show is worth going to. Its the last production show and is (as said) a mini Cirque du Soleil. If he is on your cruise, do not miss Neil Austin (Magician)...he had the whole theatre in stitches!!

Simon

There are variations even on the same ship from cruise to cruise, but when I was on the Solstice [sister of Eclipse] there was a late evening [11:30pm?] comedy show in the Cinema, not the main theatre. I think this was held every / most nights, but I suspect it was pretty much the same show from night to night. The music venues around the ship vary from several 4/5 piece bands to solo guitarist/singers to an a cappello group to a Top-40 DJ to a classical ensemble - pretty much something for any taste.

Thom

The entertainment can vary from ship to ship -- even from sailing to sailing on a given ship. You may find a comedian the the movie theater, an opening night introduction consisting of two or three entertainers who will be featured later in the cruise, you just never know. The M-class and S-class ships do things differently. Don't overthink it as there's too much variation for you to know ahead of time what to expect.

On some cruises they ask all the veterans to stand up and then a few of them are invited on stage to do the hat switch. Is this done on Celebrity?

I certainly hope not. :rolleyes:

Archived