*~~~LIVE from Oasis 7/17/2010~~~*

Denice, well today is the last day of this wonderful cruise you all shared with us. I remember my first post to you wondering what this woman was on and she seem so crazed LOL but that all disappeared very quickly. The joy you have came through these pages as you shared you experiences with us and I felt I actually got to know you this week. At times it felt like I was actually on Oasis with you.

Thank you for sharing your week with us you are a truly wonderful and unique person( you would probably say your just being you.) I hope our path cross again ....and again thanks for letting us be part of your vacation on Oasis. By the way did I tell you I just love this ship :-)

Denice, Enjoyed your live posts all week. My husband and I will be on the Oasis for 2 weeks this Oct 2 . and now just cant wait. Sorry the storm followed you around the Caribbean but the ship is really the destination here. We are not planning to get off much this time because we would like to enjoy the ship. Your posts reaffirmed that . I was also watching the boardwalk web cam and it never seems that anyone is in that area? Is it because of the rain ? I thought we would like that area of the ship and would be an exciting place to hang out. Enjoy your last day on Oasis and hope to see you on another RCCL cruise. Thanks, Denise

WOW, TODAY is "our" last day on the ship!!! ;) :o How the week has flown!!! Another busy day on the Oasis as you have to do and see everything that you have been meaning too. The galley tour seems like an interesting area to see, just like the bridge tour. Enjoy your :o:( last :(:o day on Oasis. I hope to cruise with you one day. Maybe next year on Freedom....

Thank you so much for taking us along with you.... can't wait for the pics... now how many more till we sail??? you have actually made me forget my count down as I have had so much fun reading your posts daily!

Thanks again!

Another night of just 5 hours of sleep and I am excited to start my day!!

My mantra for cruises and Vegas: airplanes are for sleeping.

Thanks so much for sharing your cruise with us. That new show sounds awesome. They just keep adding more and more cool stuff to the Oasis agenda. Makes for a NEED for a B2B to see it all.

I am so glad the sun is out today. I think you made a great decision to skip the backstage tour and relax by the pool. I hope you get a chance to just absorb it all today and reflect on your wonderful cruise.

It has been a real blast to read your review and enthusiasm. It has allowed me to re-live our cruise and look forward to the next one!

I am too one of the lurkers who have "been on this cruise" with you all. :oDenice, I really enjoyed your posts, wished every second that I was there. I am actually feeling depressed because I too have to "pack" to "leave Oasis" and no longer be able to enjoy your posts. :(

I don't have a cruise booked, but now I have to get on the Oasis, thanks to you!!!:D

Great job, enjoy your last day...

I still want to get to Bingo...but haven't found the time..that is good though!!

We have the ice show at 8:30 and Summer Breeze at the aqua theater at 10:15. Then at 11:30 is the 70s show on the promenade. It runs the length of the promenade and they say about 4,000 people turn out for it. It is wild!! Have been to it on other ships. We may try and watch it from the Diamond lounge.

Doubt I will be posting again tonight. Too wonderfully busy!! I have to mention I am soooooooooo sad to be heading back. Don't get me started!!!:(

Have a good night all!!!!!!!

bz ~~~ what a sweet comment!! It is fiances that is preventing me from booking another...because I would have booked another one the day we sailed!! I want to be back on this ship ASAP!!!!

I have so say, many of you sound exactly like the people I would like to sail with too!! Hey, you never know.....

Maggie ~~~ ty

Played in the slots tourney...it was so much fun but I lost!

When I finished the sun was out!!!!! Yipeeeeeeeeee!!! I raced out there and plopped myself down. I had a mango tango and a frozen yogurt and finished my book and boogied in my seat to the great tunes playing in the background and was completely at peace and so happy!!! The music was so great that I wished there was a group of pals with me because I would have made them get up and we all would have danced at the pool! It would not be the first time I have done that!

Spent about an hour there and came down here for my afternoon coffee. Need to go shower and get ready for 6pm MDR. Tonight is formal night. Tonight is jam packed with events so I doubt I will be posting again. Tomorrow morning I have the back stage theater tour at 9, but if the weather is nice, may skip it for the pool. (May try and fit in both!) But would have to come in at noon and shower because at 1pm we have the galley tour and I don't want to miss that. Will play it by ear I guess.

I can't believe tomorrow will be my last day posting "LIVE" from the ship! :(:(:(

Your very kind for allowing us all to join this trip of yours!!! If it were me.... You would only be seeing pictures after I got off! So thank you for being so kind, I have felt like I was there with you the whole time!!!! We will be sad that you are getting off! Too bad you wont be on when we get on in a lil over a month! We cant wait, and you have made it all the more exciting for us!!!! SO THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! Now get off your computer and take everything in as much as possible!!!!! LOL No dont! We wanna hear more and more till the last minutes you get off!!! LOL Emjoy the rest of your vacation!!!!

My mantra for cruises and Vegas: airplanes are for sleeping.

I say the same about Disney World, too. ;)

Denise, I share your pain about packing. I am so depressed the last day of the cruise. I just want it to go on and on...

I know with your enthusiasm, tho, you'll find more fun things to do today so it won't seem so bad.

Looking forward to the pics!

Hello all!!

No time to read your posts yet, but I see there is a bunch. Sorry....I will catch up with them a bit later.

BEAUTIFUL FANTASTIC morning at the pool Got up there at 9am....stayed till 11. Showered, and then went to the Park Cafe for lunch. Great roast beef sandwiches, salads, tuna sandwiches, pastries, soups on and on!!! And it looks out to Central Park!! Then at 1 was the galley tour and our dear friend we met the first day, Margaret, the head of Human Resources tagged along. She is a doll by the way!!! The tour was great, but the info given to us was even more fascinating! Wow!

Because I have 6 pieces of luggage, I am on the way to the room to try and figure out how to get it all packed, and figure out what needs to be in our carry on for the train ride. How can I leave this ship!!???:eek:

I am going to finally play bingo later today. So I will read all your posts maybe before bingo and post.

Allison, Loved your pics of your 5th anniversary Liberty Of The Seas cruise. Its so much fun to cruise with good friends. We did it for years . We will be on the Liberty next year for our first transatlantic cruise so your pics were fun to watch. Hope you have a great time on the Oasis in Sept. we will be on her in Oct. cant wait.

Denise

Denice thanks for the cruise it was brilliant the way you have given us all such a great week, my wife in particular has enjoyed every word and is flying high and cannot wait until we board Oasis in Sept, thanks again and soooo pleased that you had a great time also, it is so sad when you have to get off but have a great and safe journey home and look forward to the next one.

I've really been enjoying reading your updates throughout the day while you're enjoying your cruise, and we can really tell that you've been enjoying your cruise!

Personally, I think I'll keep reading this thread even after Saturday to see how the train ride goes, how things are back at home, and your normal day-to-day life. You'll make it all seem so exciting, I'm sure!

Oh, and I hope you have lots of good luck at bingo today!

Hi Denice,

I have been reading your post all week and I can not wait to see your pictures. I know what you mean when it comes to the packing for the trip home., it is really sad and gets me really upset.:(:( now what you have to look forward to is the post cruise blues:o. I hope you have a safe trip home and maybe one day I can convince my wonderful husband to go on the Oasis of the seas. Our next cruise is set for December on the Radiance of the Seas I can not wait..:D:eek: After that cruise my husband and I will be plat. We are working on our way up we just started cruising in 2005 when we got married and fell in love with it.:p Again I know what you mean about the packing you want to hide and not get off of the ship..Thanks for the live update and thank you for taking us along on your wonderful cruise I felt like I was there living it with you and have enjoyed every min. of it. My husband thinks I am obsessed with it cause the first thing I do when I wake up is come to my computer and check to see if there was any update from you, even before I make the coffee LOL.. Anyway enjoy the rest of your cruise.

You may have mentioned it in one of your earlier posts, so forgive me if I missed it, but I was wondering if the galley tour is open to all guests or is it by invitation only? It sounds like it would be a fascinating glimpse of the whole meal-prep-for-1,000s realm!!

My son and I took a behind-the-scenes theater tour onboard Liberty of the Seas this past New Year's. Lots of interesting insights + a great tour guide, one of the aerialists from the production shows. Very enjoyable.

Have a great evening--make a few more memories!!!

Let me first say my daughter just called and wants to go on a mother-daughter crusie next June/July......HER TREAT!!!! hmmmmmm..can I say no?! no..... We are thinking Explorer out of NJ or back on my girlfriend, the Oasis. We will discuss when I hit land so could have some exciting news to share in the next day or two!

on to the posters...hope I didn't miss anyone...and by the way....STILL POSTING LIVE!!!!

Musicuiserrusty ~~~wow! Ty for those words!! I can't wait to share pictures and comments but won't be before Tuesday.

dfishner ~~~ you have been wondeful to say all that you have and I AM SO GLAD YOU CAME ALONG WITH ME!!

san4u2 ~~~ ty!!!!

jjtt ~~~ it has been an honor to be posting LIVE and it has meant a lot to me to share this with you and everyone else! YOU HAVE BEEN GREAT!

swwake, arucruzn, albeli509, tom cruizes ~~~ TY!!!!

Daghis ~~~ you know I will keep posting...may go on for years!!!! lol

pablonde ~~~ ty!!

I have a feeling this is full of typos and I missed people but I only have 10 minutes to do this as I have to get ready for dinner. I wil catch up with that later and fill you in on my day and night.

Oh boy, I only have 5 minutes left on my internet package, so this will be my last post (and last reading of any posts) until we dock. I will either post from the dining room at 7am while I wait (still will be LIVE!!) so will have to be at the train station...we have a few hour wait. Well either way, I will need to tell you how my cruise ended so until then......still LIVE from the Oasis.....

Denise, This has been a wonderful week for you and for all of us reading and being "live" with you.You have shared so much information and your excitement is really contagious! I am sorry that this is day 7 for you; I am sorry that you have to pack and leave a grand lady in the morning......but I am a bit selfish when I say then that means........I LEAVE IN 3 WEEKS!!!! :D:D sorry but see what your report has done. What a nice daughter.... I have done the Explorer out of Bayonne and the extra days really are wonderful. Now if only the Oasis or Allure could leave from here!

Have a save journey home and we all look forward to re-living our cruise through your pictures

Thanks again....

Denise...safe travels back home and like so many others have said thank you so much for your posts. Seriously...I was not interested in Oasis at all until this post and now I'm chatting with my TA to book:D You've made it very fun and am looking forward to boarding her myself sometime in the near future. Can't wait for your full review and to see pics!

Thanks so much for a wonderful week aboard the Oasis of the Seas!! It's been so much fun to "sail" with you!! Hope you are having a fantastic evening and enjoying the rest of your cruise! Of course I will keep checking this thread for updates and your final review/pictures!!

Words could not express my sincere love and friendship, you have created, on this ride, Oasis of Seas..May I be the first one to THANK, Mr Denise(HARVEY), for sharing his vacation time with all of us..Safe journey home, good health to both of you, long life, and please keep us posted as to your next cruise...I want to be with you cruising. Tobyhilda

Archived