Got your guarantee on Diamond Princess 8/21?

spinnyfly

Hi everyone!

It's my first time cruising and I got a GTY cabin, category D, which is an unobstructed oceanview. I've been having a great time checking the cruise personalizer and seeing how many cabins are left on Expedia. :p

My question is this: Has anyone else gotten a GTY cabin on the Diamond cruise leaving from Whittier on 8/21? What did you buy? Have you gotten your assingment? Did you get upgraded? What did you get upgraded to?

My husband said it is more worth it to get the GTY than it is to get the balcony room, simply because it's so much fun for me to be waiting for the assignment!

Happy Cruising!

~Mindi

Actually, you have over a month until you sail. Some stateroom assignments are not coming out lately until just a few days before you board the ship, so there is still a lot of time for you to have 'fun' checking your personlizer for yours. :)

But I would check with my roll call to see if anyone else that booked a guarantee has gotten their cabin assignments yet, although some can receive them early and others not until very late and even if they have, it doesn't mean a thing for someone else. Your roll call can be found here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1105511 Best of luck on getting a good location onboard.

i also like the anticipation of a guarantee. i usually have a cabin assigned after final payment.(you are well beyond that!) i like to think the longer i wait the better it is! good luck :)

I'll be on the Diamond on 7/23. Still waiting for my assignment. I only booked 6 weeks ago, so I took an inside guarantee. Room makes no difference to me, as all I do in my room is sleep and shower. But I do hope I get an assignment before I leave home.

We're still waiting for our August 1 cruise on the Sapphire. We have an obstructed view guarantee. Our category and the higher ocean view categories have been waitlisted for more than a month. There are still plenty of balconies and suites available. I'm dreaming of a visit from the Upgrade Fairy. But we'll be happy to be in Seattle in two weeks getting on a beautiful ship and sailing to Alaska no matter which cabin we end up with.

I wonder if part of the decision as to when cabins are assigned has to do with how full the ship is, at least above what your guarantee is?? If the ship is fairly empty, then cabins not assigned? We just booked a week ago for December 18, no cabin yet, but there are a ton of cabins available above our level that we booked at..

Archived