7/10 Epic sailing - my thoughts

shoopa3

I had room 10049 (inside cabin). I sailed with my son, parents and sisters (with their families) - A party of 11.

My first thoughts was elegant.

Dress down places to eat that do not charge:

Garden Cafe - buffet (Deck 15), shorts are ok

Taste - Contemport (Deck 5), nice sit down dinner, shorts are ok

Manhattan - Supper Club (deck 6) - dress casual

There is a curtain between the shower/toilet area and sleeping area. I told my son not to go beyond the curtain when I was showering or in the rest room.

No "bathtub"; The rail between the nozzles (water temp & on/off) in the shower gets hot when showering.

There is a light switch for under the cabinet (above the sink area). The switch is above the soap dispenser.

Hairdryer - very nice; cord is stiff (but it's new).

Storage space - under beds; in cabinet area near toilet; 3 drawers near blowdryer & under sink

Sink is small but ok

Pool - pool deck gets very hot, wear your shoes; They removed the "Adult Only" sign for the one pool as the kids kept hopping in and it couldn't be regulated. The adults spent time in the kids pool as it was warmer and had a place to sit. The size seems small but it is ok as not everyone is in the pool at the same time. It uses salt water.

Latitudes - no meeting for "Bronze" members. They could have split the meetings through out the week so that everyone was included (in a way). There was nothing special done for this cruise. However, members did get 10% off anything that said "EPIC".

Turn dial - there is a turn dial near your door in the hallway:

Welcome - (room steward is done with the room)

Straighten room - day

Turn down room - night

Do not disturb

Towel animals were done every other day.

Temp control on the wall near the closet

Near door & toilet area - There is a slot for a key card, this will turn on the lights. You will need to do this for the lights to work. Our steward gave is a dumby key.

Water slides - the lines can be time consuming but is worth it!!

Archived