Anybody saild from/arrived at Brisbane grain wharf??

bazzaw

All cruises we have been on have sailed/arrived at Portside - which has made it very easy for friends to drop us off/pick us up.

As far as I know, only passengers are allowed into the grain wharf area - so we are starting to wonder how we should arrange to get there and back home again.

Any experiences at the grain wharf please?

Barry

No worries Barry,

We called there last Dec on Diamond Princess.

They are very well set up now and have a new terminal, small but well laid out, and surrounded by plenty of parking. Passengers and public can drive in and it is all signposted from the main road. My sister drove out to the ship to meet us and had no trouble finding the way there.

If you do a search on this thread I have posted some pics of the new set up.

Thanks David

The last time I was there was a few years ago - to deliver some friends sailing on the Superstar Leo. It wasn't "visitor friendly" at all then.

Barry

We boarded a ship from there years ago. I think it was the Pacific Sky prior to the Portside Terminal being constructed. We've also called there a two or three times on a cruise when the ship has been too big to dock at Portside.

The trouble with 'the grain terminal' is that as it is a 'working' wharf and therefore is not accessible to the general public.

Passengers can only be met outside the gated area.

Usually passengers boarding the ship at the 'grain terminal' are bused in from Roma Street or the airport.

Jillybean:)

Archived