Early Saver OBC ???

BcIcemen

I have a 4F cabin at 709.00/person. There is a senior rate(of which I am eligable for). The is IS for 649.00/person. All cabins up to 4F are sold out. So someone who books a IS for 649.00 would get at least a 4F. Do you think I qualify for OBC of 60.00/person:confused::)

I have a 4F cabin at 709.00/person. There is a senior rate(of which I am eligable for). The is IS for 649.00/person. All cabins up to 4F are sold out. So someone who books a IS for 649.00 would get at least a 4F. Do you think I qualify for OBC of 60.00/person:confused::)

Your category is sold out so you can't ES price match BUT you can request an upgrade to the higher category.

Your category is sold out so you can't ES price match BUT you can request an upgrade to the higher category.

The OP never said his category was sold out. IS isnt a higher category, even if was possible to switch to a Guar.

To the OP, you arent eligible for OBC.

Sorry missed that part of your post but are you trying to price match to a guarantee inside?

yes, thats what the OP wants, is to price match downward.

OP the fact that they probably would get a higher cabin isnt true either, because I did a IS and only high categories were left, and they spent 3 days upselling and I got a 4B. You are assuming that they would get a 4F because thats all YOU see, but doesnt mean they would get that 4F ....take my word for it ...I hoped so too!!!

You wouldnt be allowed to price match to a lower category guarantee.

The only way you an "price match" ES with a Guarantee Booking is: if the Guarantee Category above your assigned ES Category falls below your ES rate, you can get OBC for the difference and give-up your assigned ES cabgin for a TBA Guarantee cabin in that higher category. In your case the Guarantee OV rate would have to fall below your ES rate - you could then get OBC for the difference, give-up your 4F and get a tba OV guarantee.

ken

only way to know for sure is to call and see!

Or read the rules which state you can price match to YOUR category. Not to a lower priced guarantee.

Calling will likely get you more confused if you dont know the rules already. The reps dont want to do more work than they have to who answer the phone usually. If you call someone you work with you might have better luck ...

The rules are pretty clear you cant match a 4F to a IS guarantee... not even close. I can see being confused if you are in a 4A, but the OP is trying to stretch his argument because other categories are now sold out into matching to the IS.

Archived