Martini cocktails on QV

2guysabz

My partner and I like to have an aperitif before going for dinner. My preference is a martini cocktail - usually a very dry vodka martini, but I also like a cosmopolitan and its variants. Are the cocktails served on board QV good (in term of quality and taste)? Often, I've been disappointed by weak tasting, diluted drinks, usually made with non-premium spirits / ingredients. Are the prices reasonable? Which of the bars on QV is best to enjoy a pre-dinner tipple (and look out at the sun setting on the horizon)?

They have some great bar staff, many of whom are cocktail trained.

If he's still on board, Armin is one of the best and until recently was in charge of the Midships Bar, 3 deck Grand Lobby. He'll make you absolutely anything you want.

Stewart

Yes indeed - the Commodore Club makes excellent mixed drinks. Also if you are in the Grills, the Grill's Lounge for a pre-dinner drink or at afternoon tea is probably just as good. Either one, I'm sure you will not be disappointed. As long as I can remember Cunard has always made top notch drinks compared to many other lines.

Cheers!

My vote goes to the Commodore Club as well, my Martini (s) were superb (gin). Indeed, the staff in both Commodore Club (QM2 & QV) are very practised at their craft. Ask for particular brands if you're at all worried about what goes into the drinks.

There are pictures of both Commodore Clubs (QM2 and QV) and Midship Bar on QV via the link below.

Enjoy and Bon Voyage!

My vote will always go to the Commodore Club. It's a large but cozy room with uninterrupted views forward and to both sides. Couches with pillows as well as tables and chairs and nice murals on the side walls. Excellent drinks and service.

The bar staff from the Commodore also teaches a fab martini making (and drinking) class. Great way to taste some martinis you might not try otherwise and pick up some tips for your own cocktail parties!

J

I second Juliecat's post about the martini making class. I went to it last April, very good value and interesting too. Had to have a rest before dinner though. :)

The Milky Way martini also makes a wonderful "dessert martini"! Just the one.

The Commodore Club is my favourite area on QM2, in the morning for coffee and definitely for pre-dinner drinks and canapes. Enjoy.

Archived