Thanksgiving on Silversea

ging466

I've just realised that I will be on the Silver Cloud on 25 November - Thanksgiving Day - it will be a sea day. Does SS do anything special for Thanksgiving Day? Cheers Jennifer

Hi, Jennifer! On our recent cruise, where you were nice enough to travel along, they celebrated lots of "special dates". There were recognitions for Canada Day/July 1, our July 4th holiday, etc. Since on many Silversea cruises about half of the customers are from the USA, I would think there would be something to tie in with Thanksgiving. Don't know if they would have turkey and stuffing offered, etc. Much will depend on the Chef and Hotel Director. I would ask when you get on the Silver Cloud. If they were not thinking ahead on that one, that will get them being creative and responsive.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For more details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle Silver Cloud experiences:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Jennifer

Having "been there - done that" (Thanksgiving on Silversea) I was going to respond but as usual - Terry - (who evidently has not "been there - done that" - Thanksgiving on Silversea) - offered his advice.

But I digress: Yes, Thanksgiving is exactly as it would be at home in New England (but I've not "been there done that" in New England, living as I do in Southern California....)

It will be great - just one of the many memorable moments.

Enjoy ! ...............

I've just realised that I will be on the Silver Cloud on 25 November - Thanksgiving Day - it will be a sea day. Does SS do anything special for Thanksgiving Day?

Cheers

Jennifer

Yes there will be Turkey with all the trimmings; we were on for thanksgiving thru the canal 2 years ago; the next day at lunch i was dying for a hot turkey sandwich; they were a little confused at first but they finally got it :D

I was on the Shadow one year for Thanksgiving and other than turkey on the menu I don't recall them making a big deal out of it. Didn't think to ask for a turkey sandwich. Too bad!

not a big deal,especially for the Brits !:eek:

I was on the Shadow one year for Thanksgiving and other than turkey on the menu I don't recall them making a big deal out of it. Didn't think to ask for a turkey sandwich. Too bad!

Was on Shadow last year for Thankgiving [departing St. Thomas], and there was nothing really special, other than turkey along with other choices. It was a little disappointing to say the least.

Archived