soooo, Crocs or no Crocs?

CalTex88

crocs are "out"??? Didn't realize that when we went on our cruise last week:rolleyes:.... All five of us brought them with us. We wore them around the ship (including the pool areas) and on our excursions....no problems at all.....Who gets to say what's "in" and "out" anyway? :D

There's nothing wrong with Crocs. We love ours and bought them several years ago especially for the cruise. We see them on all of our cruises. I prefer the Croc flip flops (the Athens). A lot of people don't like them and think they're ugly but there are just as many who love them. They're comfortable and lots of people wear them. If you like them, take them. They are great for walking in ports. So comfortable. And, now there are many styles to choose from.

Crocs are as stylish as fanny packs.

Crocs are as stylish as fanny packs.

Thank you - I am sure crocs are comfy, versitile, but safe - no way. They have banned them from almost all work places here as they offer no protection whatsoever if something is dropped and they have had more people turn over on them than Health and Safety can keep up with. I saw so many people on cruise walk out of them, roll over on them and slip in water that I wanted to take them all and throw them over board - afterall, they float too don't you know. If people want to wear them I say go for it but for me it is a no.

I LOVE CROCS. They may not be considered "IN," in the minds of some, but there are millions of folks that wear them daily and pray the company never goes out of business. As a RN, I can work in them all day and never have sore or tired feet. To those that think CROCS do not protect feet from spills, the company now makes a "professional" model that does not contain the famous "holes" and are skid resistant. I wore CROCS on my last cruise and intend to continue wearing them for forever...I too live in them!

I don't wear crocs (or flip-flops), but if I did wear them and found them to be comfortable and convenient, I would bring them. :) Hey, Mario Batali wears them to work. :D

Who the hell wants to take fashion advice from Mario Batali! I'm just saying...:rolleyes:

that is the question.

Should we all leave our Crocs at home? They used to be "in",,, and I never had any. Now they are "out" and I have some. LOL

Think I'll bring them anyway... they are "functional", protect my toes, water-proof, easy-on, easy-off.

I would not recommend you wear them in the MDR, but if you like them and they are comfortable...bring them! I work in a hospital and Crocs are a lifesaver to those of us on our feet for 12 hours at a time:D

I'll buck the trend since I can't wear flip-flops.

I took a pair of Crocs on my first cruise in January and wore them almost non-stop.

They were good for travel (lots of walking, schlepping luggage, etc., in airports).

They were great on deck, as they gave me traction.

They were super on shore excursions. My feet never hurt, and I could rinse the sand out easily.

The only other pair of shoes I took was black sandals for elegant night.

And if YOU love how they feel, to heck with everyone else! They didn't pay for your trip!

What cruise have all these people been on where people are so fashionable?? :confused: Who would even notice that someone is wearing crocs with all of the oddities seen on a Carnival cruise? And really, would anyone who notices care?? By all means bring them if you are more comfortable wearing them.

that is the question.

Should we all leave our Crocs at home? They used to be "in",,, and I never had any. Now they are "out" and I have some. LOL

Think I'll bring them anyway... they are "functional", protect my toes, water-proof, easy-on, easy-off.

Maybe you don't have the right Crocs! My favorite ones are on clearance at a great price. 2/3 off regualar price. Great for cruising!

http://www.crocs.com/dotw/dotw,default,sc.html

that is the question.

I'm with most,hate them

I love crocs and have them in many colors. Mine are adorably cute. I even have little jibbitz charms I wear in them. I wouldn't wear them to the dining room but in my garden or on ship excursions, yep, I'm wearing them! Soooo comfy and if someone wants to say I'm not stylish I don't mind. :p

Archived