soooo, Crocs or no Crocs?

CalTex88

If crocs keep you comfortable, go for them. However, I have the classic version, and they are not good on wet decks. I slipped and hurt my knee on a spill on the lido on once cruise. It was just a tad wet, and the crocs do not have good traction.

that is the question.

Should we all leave our Crocs at home? They used to be "in",,, and I never had any. Now they are "out" and I have some. LOL

Think I'll bring them anyway... they are "functional", protect my toes, water-proof, easy-on, easy-off.

I resisted buying them for ages because I thought they were so ugly. I finally bought some of the flip flop ones and I love them. I don't care if they are "out" or not......they are "in" with me!:D

that is the question.

Should we all leave our Crocs at home? They used to be "in",,, and I never had any. Now they are "out" and I have some. LOL

Think I'll bring them anyway... they are "functional", protect my toes, water-proof, easy-on, easy-off.

Take em! Get a bright color, neon yellow for me. Great fun to wear to the dining room. Love the OMG looks.

I wear Crocs because they are very comfy. Would I wear them to dinner? Of course not! But during the day all over the ship, they are great. We were on Liberty a few weeks ago and saw MANY people with them on. Crocs will always be "in" because the people who wear them have enough confidence to do what they want. That's what's great about a cruise- you do what you want and you will see many others wearing and doing things you would never, but it's all good. Yes, bring your Crocs!![/quote

I bought a pair of hot pink scutes that I took on our first cruise to Europe. I can't believe I actually had the nerve to wear them. I heard "unflattering" comments about my shoes all over the ship. When I wore them off the ship, you wouldn't believe some of the stares I got from other people. It was kind of comical.....really. I think many of the Europeans thought I was crazy. I would walk by a local and see them looking at my shoes. I really haven't worn them much since then. I am now hooked on the flip flop Crocs and I wear them all the time!:)

NO crocs. As deck or beach shoes: those suckers, the least bit of wet, and they can slip and slide like nobody's business. Maybe to travel with in the airport and such, they are dang comfortable (though I have no illusions about their not being ugly...that fact isn't debatable to me). But mine are for in the house ONLY and no, I don't bring mine on the cruise.

1 pair of flip flops, 1 pair of active/sport sandals (like Teva's), 1 pair of neutral dress shoes for everyone.

I have a pair of teal/light blue Croc flip flops and I love them. I wear them every second I can get away with. They are the most comfortable flip flops I have ever worn. There's no doubt I'm gonna bring them with me when I cruise. If they are out of style.....well....heck with it...they make me happy :)

As for the 'clog' style -yeah, they were ugly from the get-go. I took one look at them and moved on - lol.

Years ago i got flamed for saying how much i hate crocs. A style professional on a news talk show said crocs should only be worn by girls 10 and under only.....no boys at all. Back when i posted this everybody flamed me because they said how comfy they are. Maybe so but they still are ugly. I always point them out to my wife when i see someone shopping in them. We both always look at each other and laugh. No harm here just my opinion!

I have new Teva's. Womens..waterproof..but they look like leather and fabric. I have tough to fit little feet..and need arch support..narrow heels. I have a horrible time...I have never in my life had fancy sport sandals..now..no way will I live without a good pair of sport/tennis shoes and sport sandals..they are awesome..no blisters great cushy footbed..AWESOME..and they look cool..current you know..not like all the ugly good walking support shoes..even the hunkey young stylish ones..these are better..cute with shorts and casual capris even.

I bought crocks and not enough support even on living room test; took them back..for a fast cast of a line where I fish in summer, getting in and out of a boat..sport daily summer dressing and cruise travel...day wear it is TEVAS..they are awesome, grip well and breathe...worth every penny I spent at REI..and we have a new one here finally!!!

Sorry..no crocks..not as safe on slippery rocky surfaces...and I would guess lousy on deck..

I want to check out Keens too..for when one needs toe protection..they look good for in a few years; these Tevas will last and look current enough for a while...sjn.

Sorry..no on the crocks..they are cute on little kids..but ugly with everything on adults...my 2 cents.

I have a pair of teal/light blue Croc flip flops and I love them. I wear them every second I can get away with. They are the most comfortable flip flops I have ever worn. There's no doubt I'm gonna bring them with me when I cruise. If they are out of style.....well....heck with it...they make me happy :)

As for the 'clog' style -yeah, they were ugly from the get-go. I took one look at them and moved on - lol.

Those are cute..wish I could wear them...

I wore flip flops on the flight last year to the caribbean, wore them all day, about 12 hours. By the end of the day I had developed HUGE blisters on both feet! I was miserable! Found a pair of navy blue crocs in St Thomas and wore them for the rest of the trip except for MDR meals! DH wore his during the day and for water shoes. Will never cruise to warm weather sites again if I don't have my crocs!! They make look silly, but they have a function. I also have 4 pairs of Croc sandals, nobody realizes they are crocs until I tell them! Sooo comfy!

After wearing crocs all over Disney on a weeks vacation I will never use anything else where I'm walking alot. I had no discomfort while the rest of the family were complaining about being tired.

And I should add that I got a pair of white ballerina one's to wear to my reception.

:DCrocs, Inc. is a shoe manufacturer founded by entrepreneur George B. Boedecker, Jr. to produce and distribute a plastic clog design acquired from a Quebec company called Foam Creations. The shoe had originally been developed as a spa shoe. The first model produced by Crocs, the Crocs Beach, was unveiled in 2002 at the Ft. Lauderdale Boat Show, and sold out the 200 pairs produced at that time. Several other companies flared up but they were for spa, boat and beach wears. They have come up with great designs and colors for the croc. To me, regardless of the design or color they are rubber/plastic shoes. They have their place.

They remind me of the Dutch wooden shoes with the heels removed. We now see clogs in the same design but made out of other fabrics, either man made or leather. I do not consider them the best for your feet. Gardening would be a great idea. Or rubbers boots for walking in the rain. But to wear out on the street for shopping and what nots, I do not consider them appropriate foot wear.

But then Chacun son Gout (to each his own)

Crocs makes some really cute sandals with thin straps that look dressy. They are very light and small for traveling. They are great for formal night because I can't wear heels.

Would I ever wear the traditional Crocs? No way!

Years ago i got flamed for saying how much i hate crocs. A style professional on a news talk show said crocs should only be worn by girls 10 and under only.....no boys at all. Back when i posted this everybody flamed me because they said how comfy they are. Maybe so but they still are ugly. I always point them out to my wife when i see someone shopping in them. We both always look at each other and laugh. No harm here just my opinion!

Maybe I'm the only one but some of the things I see come down the runway that are supposed to be stylish are really ugly. I don't look to style professionals to tell me what to wear but maybe it's because of growing up in Florida by the beach. We're pretty casual. I guess if I were from NYC or Beverly Hills or somewhere like that I'd be more self conscious about fitting in to others' expectations. Kinda glad I have a free spirit and make my own choices about what to wear though. :) And if I saw you laughing at me I'd just smile and wave.

Maybe I'm the only one but some of the things I see come down the runway that are supposed to be stylish are really ugly. I don't look to style professionals to tell me what to wear but maybe it's because of growing up in Florida by the beach. We're pretty casual. I guess if I were from NYC or Beverly Hills or somewhere like that I'd be more self conscious about fitting in to others' expectations. Kinda glad I have a free spirit and make my own choices about what to wear though. :) And if I saw you laughing at me I'd just smile and wave.

I don't laugh at people so they see it. Also i never liked them and then saw the fashion statement on TV. I would never tell anyone not to wear them....i just won't wear them. Kind of sissy looking on guys! I always make my own choice....unless my wife moans too much! Don't want a woman unhappy! I am a jeans and t-shirt kind of guy around the house. As i am typing this she told me what shorts to wear to the BBQ today:D

I don't laugh at people so they see it. Also i never liked them and then saw the fashion statement on TV. I would never tell anyone not to wear them....i just won't wear them. Kind of sissy looking on guys! I always make my own choice....unless my wife moans too much! Don't want a woman unhappy! I am a jeans and t-shirt kind of guy around the house. As i am typing this she told me what shorts to wear to the BBQ today:D

Ok, good, glad you're not pointing and laughing. :) Hubby won't wear 'em either, same reason. I love them in the garden and if I make a quick run to Home Depot I don't even think about it. Half the time I'm in the middle of a project and hair's pulled back in a ponytail with smudges of dirt on me so the Crocs are probably not the only thing people are laughing at. Luckily I'm not ever too self conscious about how I look. If I look in the mirror and am happy I figure people can just turn away if they don't like what they see!

Anyway, have a great time at the BBQ. We're off to Costco. I may even wear my Crocs just to give someone a laugh! :D

My guy wears crocs, because he is a chef. His first pair were white, holed ones he specifically bought to wear on vacation. He loved them, so now has several -- non-skids for work (he also swears by his Keanes), other beach types, etc. He loves them for the spa, the pool, and the beach. I am not a fan of them either, but could care less what other people think of my guy in them.

If you saw him, you would not laugh, stare or otherwise call attention. He is 6'2', 250, and looks as if he walked off the set of the Sopranos. As a matter of fact, whenever we go to foreign countries, the natives usually note that fact (HBO is EVERYWHERE!), crowd around him offering services, and practically bow in front of him. (You should have seen the reaction in the little Dominican Republic village where we went cigar-shopping...the whole village came out to see him, it was a riot...he is quite the picture in his Cuban embroidered shirt, his crocs, puffing on a big cigar!)

We get extremely good service where ever we go (in and out of the US), and are often comped things... even when he's wearing his crocs! What can I say...? ;)

My guy wears crocs, because he is a chef. His first pair were white, holed ones he specifically bought to wear on vacation. He loved them, so now has several -- non-skids for work (he also swears by his Keanes), other beach types, etc. He loves them for the spa, the pool, and the beach. I am not a fan of them either, but could care less what other people think of my guy in them.

If you saw him, you would not laugh, stare or otherwise call attention. He is 6'2', 250, and looks as if he walked off the set of the Sopranos. As a matter of fact, whenever we go to foreign countries, the natives usually note that fact (HBO is EVERYWHERE!), crowd around him offering services, and practically bow in front of him. (You should have seen the reaction in the little Dominican Republic village where we went cigar-shopping...the whole village came out to see him, it was a riot...he is quite the picture in his Cuban embroidered shirt, his crocs, puffing on a big cigar!)

We get extremely good service where ever we go (in and out of the US), and are often comped things... even when he's wearing his crocs! What can I say...? ;)

I say good for him. I guess my hubby doesn't wear them because he doesn't look like he stepped off the set of the Sopranos. He's only 6' and 200 lbs and sandy-blonde and blue-eyed. Masculine and cute but not a tough guy.

I did get him into Tevas though. Baby steps... :D

I love my Crocs...I am about to purchase my 5th pair. I agree they will slip on wet surfaces as their sole tread wears so replace them about every 6 months or so. I take them on cruises to wear to the pool and around the ship during the day, wouldn't wear them ashore where a lot of walking was involved or into the MDR for dinner.

There are plenty of folks who bring Crocs, from the littlest kids who can't walk in them to the bigger kids (the sixty year olds) who still can't walk in them.;) they are still everywhere. Like flip flops people will go for comfort over style most days if their feet are happy (I wear sneakers in port as I can put orthotic soles in them if my arches are playing up)

Just an observation:

I love how all the Croc lovers keep responding with zeal against the posts from others who say they are ugly, but do not address at all the issue that they are UNSAFE.

On this thread alone, two people have posted about Crocs being banned in the workplace. At least two others posted about slip and fall accidents, and one had a serious injury. In addition, there have been reports of people's Crocs getting trapped in escalators (may want to rethink wearing them to the airport, hmmm?).

So, Croc lovers, what is your response?

Just an observation:

I love how all the Croc lovers keep responding with zeal against the posts from others who say they are ugly, but do not address at all the issue that they are UNSAFE.

On this thread alone, two people have posted about Crocs being banned in the workplace. At least two others posted about slip and fall accidents, and one had a serious injury. In addition, there have been reports of people's Crocs getting trapped in escalators (may want to rethink wearing them to the airport, hmmm?).

So, Croc lovers, what is your response?

I'm sure those same workplaces have banned flip-flops as well.

Also, back to Mario. You've got to love a man with enough confidence in himself to wear Crocs AND ride a Vespa. LOL

Pearl

Besides the fact that they're ugly as sin, and only Bozo the clown should wear Crocs, they are dangerous around escalators or other "moving metal parts", check these articles: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4188/is_20070918/ai_n20503139/, http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/091807dnnatcrocs.e2da323d.html,http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Story?id=3619699&page=2.

Archived