A different kind of passport question

The Danki Duo

I've seen all the posts on "do I need a passport?" and "bring it ashore, or keep it on the ship?", but I haven't seen anything about this...

If I don't have to have a passport to get on/off the ship, are y'all saying we don't get to have the passport stamped?

I'm on my 4th passport, but it's my first time to the Carribean on a cruise, so I'm ignorant about these things... and so, so grateful for these boards where I can come pick y'all's brains.

To me, that passport stamp is as much as a souvenir as any t-shirt or tacky gee-gaw I might buy... I WANT those stamps. Any chance of getting them? Do they have a seperate line at customs you can go through to get one?

Oh, and if it matters, it's Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Riotan and Belize.

Not so different; this has been asked many times. Immigration, not customs, stamps your passports, and they don't do it on a ship. They just come on the ship and clear everyone. Your passport will not be stamped.

Just my "Off The Wall" thought of the day.

I'm thinking the Dept. of Tourism in these countries are missing out on a revenue opportunity.

How much money could they make if they just set up a little shack near the pier where cruise tourists could get their passports stamped for $5?

I'm thinking the Dept. of Tourism in these countries are missing out on a revenue opportunity.

How much money could they make if they just set up a little shack near the pier where cruise tourists could get their passports stamped for $5?

Now that is a great idea:D

Generally, they do not stamp passports in the Caribbean. In many ports there is an immigration office in the termainal where you may be able to get it stamped.

I read in another thread form someone who likes this too and he said that in almost all the ports in Caribbean he had his passport stamped in the terminal. I believe one port he had to go a few blocks to the office.

Soon enough it would become mandatory and there would be a 12 page heated discussion about it on here.....

I think going to the port office you could get it stamped.

I'm with you. I want the stamps in my passport. We lived overseas and our passports are part of our trip history.

Although most island do not stamp passport, you can take them in town and ask. There are time when the customs folks will stamp them, you just have to find the right folks. We went to the south pacific once and the cruise line arranged to have the folks stamp our passports. We actually tipped the customs folks.

Have a great trip. :)

Bill Cooper

www.*****

Archived