Carnival Cruise Ships Horn Battle

Texaspepper

If you have not been on a cruise ship when two ships are blowing the horn in fun you are missing a major thrill. Here are two Carnival ships battling it out as one is leaving port. Turn up your speakers. It's a blast. . .no pun intended

[url=
][/url]

we sailed on the Disney Magic this past February - the Magic arrived in to Port Canaveral a day late which resulted in the Magic and the Wonder being in Port Canaveral at the same time. Talk about battle of the horns, it was great!

About 8 years ago we were in St Thomas the week before Christmas and there were about 10+ ships in port, they were docked and mored, there where ship every where. I have never seen that many ships in port at one time in my life. When the first ship left the horns started and didn't stop for 15mins! Wish I would have taped it!

we sailed on the Disney Magic this past February - the Magic arrived in to Port Canaveral a day late which resulted in the Magic and the Wonder being in Port Canaveral at the same time. Talk about battle of the horns, it was great!

About 8 years ago we were in St Thomas the week before Christmas and there were about 10+ ships in port, they were docked and mored, there where ship every where. I have never seen that many ships in port at one time in my life. When the first ship left the horns started and didn't stop for 15mins! Wish I would have taped it!

Here is the Disney Cruise Magic & Wonder Together Leaving Nassau

That had to be great. Those cruise ship navigators and staff have a ball. It's doing the Horn Battle. Like the "70's" battle of the Rock Bands thing.

No kidding, I never miss standing on the top deck of every departure of the ship. Know it going to be an event. I need to get me a digital video camera so I can capture the event. We were in Barcelona, Spain boarding the RCL Voyager of the Seas in Nov 2008 for the Trans/Atlantic to Galveston. Whow. . .it was a cruise ship horn blast extravaganza. RCL, Costa, Celebrity and others. . .BLAST, BLAST, BLAST. Wonder if the people who lived within 15 miles could bear the noise.

In Dec on the inagural 9 night Dream cruise we were being followed from port to port by the Costa Atlantica....One night we were leaving at the same tiime (I think it was Trorola) and the Captains carried on with the horns for at least 5 minutes....It was a hoot....Or should that be toot.....

Disney's horn cracks me up....

If you have not been on a cruise ship when two ships are blowing the horn in fun you are missing a major thrill. Here are two Carnival ships battling it out as one is leaving port. Turn up your speakers. It's a blast. . .no pun intended

I no it is soooooo neat.......but it is soooooooooooooo loud

love it:D

In Dec on the inagural 9 night Dream cruise we were being followed from port to port by the Costa Atlantica....One night we were leaving at the same tiime (I think it was Trorola) and the Captains carried on with the horns for at least 5 minutes....It was a hoot....Or should that be toot.....

Disney's horn cracks me up....

On that same night,passengers on the Costa ship gathered at the railing and started singing to us. It was just after sunset,both ships were lit up,it was a very cool thing to see and hear

I love the horn battle videos so much. When ever I'm feeling a little cruising withdrawl the best temporary cure is to watch a little horn blasting. :D

This is my favorite so far. :D

I had the bejesus scared out of me when we were on the Jubilee in Ensenada, ready to sail to Hawaii. The Holiday was in port as well, on her way back to L.A.

I was filming when the war broke out, and of course I was right under the funnel.

It went back and forth as she sailed past us.

But, this is my all time favorite:

Well this cheered me up as I have more night hrs of work here....what a fun thread..and those ships coming out of the Port of Vancouver, BC..it is such a beautiful port...have only done a short cruise from there to Portland, OR...but have visited several times..would love to cruise out of there and Seattle sometime for Alaska and full Pacific Coastal..great..never thought of you tubing the horns!!! Thanks all!!

Archived