Drop off at Manhattan Terminal

Love2Teach

After searching this thread, I've scrolled through about 250+ posts and read many with lots of helpful information, but I still feel a little confused about the drop off process. I apologize if my questions have already been answered, I just am having a hard time finding the answers.

My husband and I will be cruising on the NCL Jewel on 7/31. My FIL will be dropping us off at the terminal. I have never cruised before, so I am unfamiliar with the process. My DH has cruised in the past but was part of a group arrival on a bus so he wasn't really paying attention to the process.

• Will the terminal drop off area be organized similar to that of an airport where each individual cruise line has a designated area?
  • If it isn't set up based on the cruise lines, do we need to find specific NCL porters to make sure our luggage gets to our ship? Based on what I've read, the porters put your luggage on a cart to be delivered to your ship, but I never found out if there were cruise specific porters or areas.

Any information you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

There will only be two ships in port at the Manhattan cruise terminal, the NCL Jewel and the Carnival Glory. You easily recognize your ship and the NCL on her funnel looming over the terminal buildings.

Try and get to the pier around 11 am if possible, you will beat the crowds. The cab will drop you off on the upper level. The porters handle luggage for both ships, but, you will be at the terminal that is specific to the Jewel.

Once you go through security, you will get on line to get your sign and sail cards, then shortly before noon you will be cleared for boarding.

It's a fairly painless process particularly if you get there early before the crowds.

Have a great cruise.

Jonathan

After searching this thread, I've scrolled through about 250+ posts and read many with lots of helpful information, but I still feel a little confused about the drop off process. I apologize if my questions have already been answered, I just am having a hard time finding the answers.

My husband and I will be cruising on the NCL Jewel on 7/31. My FIL will be dropping us off at the terminal. I have never cruised before, so I am unfamiliar with the process. My DH has cruised in the past but was part of a group arrival on a bus so he wasn't really paying attention to the process.

• Will the terminal drop off area be organized similar to that of an airport where each individual cruise line has a designated area?
  • If it isn't set up based on the cruise lines, do we need to find specific NCL porters to make sure our luggage gets to our ship? Based on what I've read, the porters put your luggage on a cart to be delivered to your ship, but I never found out if there were cruise specific porters or areas.

Any information you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

There is one motor entrance for all three finger piers(piers 88, 90 and 92) at the Manhattan cruise terminal at 54-55 street and 12th avenue. You drive up the ramp to the middle level(the upper level is for parking) the Ground level is for buses. As you drive down the ramp there will be signs showing which ship is at which pier.

Normally NCL leaves from pier 88 which is at 48th street but on any given day it can leave from pier 88 at 48th street 90 at 50th street or 92 at 52nd street.

Your ship will be well marked and you are able to see it from the ramp area.

your luggage will have an NCL tag to your room. If not the porters have blank tags to fill in to send it to your room. It is very much like dropping off at an airport.

Archived