Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

Does Celebrity change their beer menu fairly often? I ask because I've seen 3 or 4 different versions on these forums, and yet another version on their webpage. I drink mainly US light beers (Coors and Miller being my favorites), and I'm concerned about the fact that they seem to change their beer menu. They currently show Coors Light as a choice on their webpage, but that's the only domestic light beer on the menu. If they decided to substitute another light beer for Coors, I could be rather disappointed if they pick a beer that I don't like. I guess my main concern is that they don't seem to have all the popular US beers available all the time.

Does Celebrity change their beer menu fairly often? I ask because I've seen 3 or 4 different versions on these forums, and yet another version on their webpage. I drink mainly US light beers (Coors and Miller being my favorites), and I'm concerned about the fact that they seem to change their beer menu. They currently show Coors Light as a choice on their webpage, but that's the only domestic light beer on the menu. If they decided to substitute another light beer for Coors, I could be rather disappointed if they pick a beer that I don't like. I guess my main concern is that they don't seem to have all the popular US beers available all the time.

Is Coor Light a really beer :confused:

If you are drink US light beer, you should just stick with water :D

Hi, just looking to book a Soda package in our 14 night cruise in July, we're a family of 4, with the package can we get more than one drink at the same time or it's just individual? If it can we all of us drink of this drink? Thanks!

No, only one soda at a time per card. So, if you had one card only one soda.

The way the packages work, they are not to be shared. So, if you buy one package, only one person would be allowed sodas, two packages, two and so on.

Susan :)

Edited by AkSusan

No, only one soda at a time per card. So, if you had one card only one soda.

The way the packages work, they are not to be shared. So, if you buy one package, only one person would be allowed sodas, two packages, two and so on.

Susan :)

But if I get one soda, can I share it with my family?

Just trying to make sure I understand this correctly, my wife and I are heading on Eclipse this summer and she's a big coffee drinker. She likes better coffee so from what I've read she'll be wanting coffee(latte and mochas particularly) from the Cafe al Bacio with regularity. If we get the Classic Non-Alcoholic package, will these drinks be covered on the package? Or do I need to get the Premium version? Fortunately, neither of are drinkers so I'll be fine with the soda package, but coffee is not an optional thing for her.

Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...
Just trying to make sure I understand this correctly, my wife and I are heading on Eclipse this summer and she's a big coffee drinker. She likes better coffee so from what I've read she'll be wanting coffee(latte and mochas particularly) from the Cafe al Bacio with regularity. If we get the Classic Non-Alcoholic package, will these drinks be covered on the package? Or do I need to get the Premium version? Fortunately, neither of are drinkers so I'll be fine with the soda package, but coffee is not an optional thing for her.

Thanks for your help.

Since I am also a big coffee drinker- I take the non alcoholic package which includes: unlimited soda, bottled water, coffees, teas and all of the speciality non-alcoholic drinks- such as smoothies, etc. My husband likes premium H20 so he takes the higher end package above- We like the idea of having unlimited nonalcoholic beverages. While we typical limit our choices to Lattes, soda, water and good teas- Do not want to drink the high calorie smoothies!

I do see people "sharing" drinks or going to multiple bars for soda and giving a drink to a member in their party- tacky but you can do it.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Thanks for your help.

Since I am also a big coffee drinker- I take the non alcoholic package which includes: unlimited soda, bottled water, coffees, teas and all of the speciality non-alcoholic drinks- such as smoothies, etc. My husband likes premium H20 so he takes the higher end package above- We like the idea of having unlimited nonalcoholic beverages. While we typical limit our choices to Lattes, soda, water and good teas- Do not want to drink the high calorie smoothies!

I do see people "sharing" drinks or going to multiple bars for soda and giving a drink to a member in their party- tacky but you can do it.

Just got back from an 8 day cruise on the summit. I had the classic non alcoholic package and it worked out perfectly for me. It covered my caramel machiatto habit (about 2 a day), 1 diet coke a day, bottled water, and the occasional fresh juice.

I'll be going on my honeymoon in January and was wondering if I could just take both my and my (will be) wife's card up to the bar and get two drinks? Or would she have to be present to get her own drink in addition to mine?

I would think I could get both with two cards, but if that could be verified that would be fantastic.

The card holders dont have to be present,so you couid get 2 drinks for your self if you want, as long as its 1 drink per card its ok ,i used to get the drinks in the ocean view bar whilst DW got a plate of snacks for sundowners

My partner and I have just returned from our first Celebrity cruise, a 13-night eastbound transatlantic on the Eclipse. (It was wonderful, but that's for a different thread!)

Given the length of the crossing, so few port days (3), and the fact that my partner drinks coffee, soda, wine and other alcohol, I had been thinking about getting a drink package for her. Then, back in January, when X put the drink packages on sale, I decided to take the plunge, and I surprised my partner with the premium drink package. (I'd kept the secret for three months until the moment we embarked; my partner was stunned when she saw the notation on her sea card!) I got myself the premium non-alcoholic package.

Although I'm sure that what we drank did not equal the cost of these packages (and I never thought it would), there was a HUGE intangible upside to just being able to order a beverage whenever you wanted to, without thinking about the cost or dealing with receipts, etc. It meant that I could order a big bottle of San Pellegrino at each meal, when I'm sure I never would have spent that money on myself if I had to think about it each individual time. It meant my partner could start each day with a trip down to Cafe al Bacio for a premium coffee, or send back a glass of wine if she didn't like it. We would never have done these things without the packages.

I don't know that we'd buy a package on a port-intensive cruise, but we think the packages on the TA definitely added to our enjoyment of the trip.

I recently posted a blog about the cocktails and wine offered on the Celebrity Equinox as of September 2011 - I've included pictures of some of the fancier cocktail menus with pricing:

http://www.thespicygimlet.com/2012/05/celebrity-equinox-review.html

Although I drink several cocktails per day when cruising, we didn't get a beverage package because it didn't make economic sense for us because of excursions, etc., but the ability to relax and not think about drink prices would be a plus!

Edited by Kathamo

My partner and I have just returned from our first Celebrity cruise, a 13-night eastbound transatlantic on the Eclipse. (It was wonderful, but that's for a different thread!)

Given the length of the crossing, so few port days (3), and the fact that my partner drinks coffee, soda, wine and other alcohol, I had been thinking about getting a drink package for her. Then, back in January, when X put the drink packages on sale, I decided to take the plunge, and I surprised my partner with the premium drink package. (I'd kept the secret for three months until the moment we embarked; my partner was stunned when she saw the notation on her sea card!) I got myself the premium non-alcoholic package.

Although I'm sure that what we drank did not equal the cost of these packages (and I never thought it would), there was a HUGE intangible upside to just being able to order a beverage whenever you wanted to, without thinking about the cost or dealing with receipts, etc. It meant that I could order a big bottle of San Pellegrino at each meal, when I'm sure I never would have spent that money on myself if I had to think about it each individual time. It meant my partner could start each day with a trip down to Cafe al Bacio for a premium coffee, or send back a glass of wine if she didn't like it. We would never have done these things without the packages.

I don't know that we'd buy a package on a port-intensive cruise, but we think the packages on the TA definitely added to our enjoyment of the trip.

Can you tell us what you were able to get with the Premium Non-Alcoholic package?

We will be in AQU so of course will have bottled water and afternoon ice tea in our stateroom. I do not drink Coffee. I can't remember if X was the ship with Vitamin Water (flavored), and if so how hard is it to find (which bars)?

Also, so far we have bought the cola package. I am wondering if I upgrade on the ship willl they,

1) Refund the Soda Package and charge the Premium Non-alcoholic (in which case I don't get the small discount for purhasing the soda package earlier this year), or

2) Charge the differance between the two packages, and if so is it the current differance between the two packages (In which case I would still have my small original discount)?