Bari - Basilica of St Nicholas

Jo and Rob

I have read some very posiive reviews of the Basilica of St Nicolas on here and trip advisor. Is entrance to the cathedrale free?

Also can anyone tell me about Africa-Moambique Ethnographic Museum in Bari? Is it walkable from the port?

I didn't remember paying to enter the basilica, but I went looking for their web site to be sure, which confirmed my memory. It's a pretty cool web site: http://www.basilicasannicola.it/home/index.php?lingua_id=2

I was in Bari on a land visit, so I can't help on distance from the port, but it's a lovely city, particularly the old town, where the basilica is located. We happened to be visiting the basilica as a wedding party arrived, so we stayed for the wedding.

I'm not familiar with the Ethnographic museum, so I've been looking around for information about it for the last few minutes. All of the sites I found agree that it is only open on Monday mornings, but one said that it is closed for restoration.

We are do to arrive in Bari on a Monday but not until 11.30am so thank you for the advice even if it is not closed for restoration sounds like it would be closed anyway. Thank you for the website recommendation for the Basillica, I shall investigate that next!

Archived