Huge price drop ?

I just did it. Went thru the booking procedure on the RCCL site and to my estonishment, the total amount for a cat D7 cabin, Oceanview Stateroom with balcony, for 2 passengers, is $2,891 ! I don't know if this is the right information, but if it is, that means I'm entitled to a credit of almost $1,000 ! Our cabin was booked last october.

Cruising date is april 16 to 23 2011 on the Oasis. I do have a software that doesn't seem to work very well, because the info is not the same. So I don't really know which one I can trust.

Can anybody help me out with this and confirm if this amount ($2,891 USD) is correct for a D7 ?

Thank you !

I am not sure about your cruise, but I just upgraded from a category H, oceanview stateroom to a deluxe oceanview stateroom, with Balcony, for only $20 more. I am on the Navigator of the Seas, March 2011 sailing.

the RCCL site is correct, call whomever you booked through and get your reduction. Make sure it doesn't say "sales event" next to the new price as it is almost tuesday and that promotion is for "new bookings only"

the RCCL site is correct, call whomever you booked through and get your reduction. Make sure it doesn't say "sales event" next to the new price as it is almost tuesday and that promotion is for "new bookings only"

Thank you!! I did send an e-mail to my TA asking her what she will do about this and of course, I want to be kept informed. She has already confirmed before (few months ago), that if the price falls for the cabins (same cat), she would garanty that I get the very same price.

When I booked last oct. price was $3,854 USD for both passengers....

I just did it. Went thru the booking procedure on the RCCL site and to my estonishment, the total amount for a cat D7 cabin, Oceanview Stateroom with balcony, for 2 passengers, is $2,891 ! I don't know if this is the right information, but if it is, that means I'm entitled to a credit of almost $1,000 ! Our cabin was booked last october.

Cruising date is april 16 to 23 2011 on the Oasis. I do have a software that doesn't seem to work very well, because the info is not the same. So I don't really know which one I can trust.

Can anybody help me out with this and confirm if this amount ($2,891 USD) is correct for a D7 ?

Thank you !

If you go to the RC home page and change the country to Canada, select Quebec for the province, a D7 on April 16, 2 pax, comes to a total of $3002 CAD.

More precisely, $2,891.76USD is what I got from RCCL website. In CDN currency, that's about $2,984.

Oops. I was looking at the following week.

There are just two of you? You can save a few MORE bucks by doing a D8. :)

(unless changing categories messes up your reservation)

If you go to the RC home page and change the country to Canada, select Quebec for the province, a D7 on April 16, 2 pax, comes to a total of $3002 CAD.

It does indeed. :D I got the same number.

Let's see now... 3,980 - 3,002 = 978.

Not bad !

There are just two of you? You can save a few MORE bucks by doing a D8. :)

Affirmative.

(unless changing categories messes up your reservation)

It's our first cruise ever. So I'll leave it at that. We are at a good spot, there are elevators close to our cabin and I had asked for a cabin on starboard.

But hey, a discount of almost $1,000 isn't bad at all,

huh ??? :cool:

Thank you!! I did send an e-mail to my TA asking her what she will do about this and of course, I want to be kept informed. She has already confirmed before (few months ago), that if the price falls for the cabins (same cat), she would garanty that I get the very same price.

When I booked last oct. price was $3,854 USD for both passengers....

Hugh, please call your TA today! Those price changes happen at the drop of a hat, and as quickly as it came, so too can it go away. Do not rely on an email to the TA as they may not reply for a day or so. Would be a shame to miss out on those $$$$!!

Hugh, please call your TA today! Those price changes happen at the drop of a hat, and as quickly as it came, so too can it go away. Do not rely on an email to the TA as they may not reply for a day or so. Would be a shame to miss out on those $$$$!!

Great advice, I would be on it RIGHT AWAY !! :)

Yes, that's how I felt and wanted to make sure it would be garanteed to me as fast as possible. This morning she had answered my e-mail, telling me she would check and get back to me. I replied right away, telling her I wanted all the changes confirmed today or else I prefered cancelling and rebooking.

We'll see.... Total drop for me is $971.... If she misses this, I'm cancelling it all and seeing another TA, as simple as that.

Yes, that's how I felt and wanted to make sure it would be garanteed to me as fast as possible. This morning she had answered my e-mail, telling me she would check and get back to me. I replied right away, telling her I wanted all the changes confirmed today or else I prefered cancelling and rebooking.

We'll see.... Total drop for me is $971.... If she misses this, I'm cancelling it all and seeing another TA, as simple as that.

Stop relying on email, pick up the phone and call her, it is a couple minute process and you will be all set.

And please come back & tell us if you got the price reduction! I agree that is a LOT of money & I would be calling my TA in a heartbeat!:D

Agreed. I'll send her a bottle of good wine, or flowers when she confirms it to me.

And yes, I'm calling her right away, you are all scaring me ! :D

Called her and she is working on it (I believe her, she surely prefers to win a VERY happy customer). In fact, she had already called RCCL. It's a sure thing, but I still want her to confirm it to me and then, send me another (new) invoice that reflects the change.

can someone help me, I am also looking for a price drop, have been on the RCC website and my cabin selection(balcony E1) is no longer available, so how can I find out if the price has dropped, does this mean it is sold out or are they just hiding it so we cant get a price drop? and yes, I booked it well before the new policy came into effect. if anyone has any more suggestions on how I can find a price drop it would be appreciated.

can someone help me, I am also looking for a price drop, have been on the RCC website and my cabin selection(balcony E1) is no longer available, so how can I find out if the price has dropped, does this mean it is sold out or are they just hiding it so we cant get a price drop? and yes, I booked it well before the new policy came into effect. if anyone has any more suggestions on how I can find a price drop it would be appreciated.

Of course if it doesn't show up, it's sold out. Watch for other categories that may be less that you could switch to.

Archived