Show us Your Aft!

I have a set of photos of our aft balcony, #7388, on the Navigator of the Seas on Flickr. It was our very first cruise, and we LOVED that huge balcony!

Aft 7388

We have this room on the Navigator Feb 26, 2012!!!! SOOOOOO Excited about getting this aft balcony room! :D

Great pictures!!! Do you get any wind on the balcony when ship moving? Love the side view on the corner aft too!

CANT WAIT! Our friends have the room next to us, then my brother has the 7688 room and my Dad next to him.

We have this room on the Navigator Feb 26, 2012!!!!

CANT WAIT! Our friends have the room next to us, then my brother has the 7688 room and my Dad next to him.

We did something similar. We have 7688 on the Explorer (corner aft), my BIL and SIL have the room next to us. My MIL has 7388 and my Aunt-IL and Uncle-IL have the room next o her. We're bookending the rooms in between :D

I don't remember the balcony being really windy, and we spent a lot of time out there (and yes, that's my dress hanging up to try and 'steam' out the wrinkles before formal night!). It was lovely lying out there in the afternoon, reading, and dozing. Unfortunately it was only a four day cruise, and on the last day it was very windy, wild and wet. That was the day, of course, that we had planned to have a romantic room service lunch with a nice bottle of wine out on our huge balcony.

I know others have mentioned a problem with soot on their aft balconies, but we didn't see any.

I'm sure you'll love it!

We have this room on the Navigator Feb 26, 2012!!!! SOOOOOO Excited about getting this aft balcony room! :D

Great pictures!!! Do you get any wind on the balcony when ship moving? Love the side view on the corner aft too!

I don't remember the balcony being really windy, and we spent a lot of time out there (and yes, that's my dress hanging up to try and 'steam' out the wrinkles before formal night!). It was lovely lying out there in the afternoon, reading, and dozing. Unfortunately it was only a four day cruise, and on the last day it was very windy, wild and wet. That was the day, of course, that we had planned to have a romantic room service lunch with a nice bottle of wine out on our huge balcony.

I know others have mentioned a problem with soot on their aft balconies, but we didn't see any.

I'm sure you'll love it!

Is this balcony room covered pretty good from the floor above? ALso my husband wants to know if you know, or anyone knows, if you can open the dividers inbetween the balconies if you know your neighbor?

We have stayed in corner aft 7688 on TA

and will have it or 7388 again in 10/11 TA and 10/12TA.

We have had no problems with soot, sounds,

wind, motion or other things mentioned.

On east bound TA we had alot of sun port side.

We love either one. :D

Yes, I think the balcony was in shade most of the time, and I think it was mostly covered. In this picture you can see the posts leading up to the 'roof' of the balcony. We didn't know our neighbours, so i didn't look to see if it would be possible to open the balcony divider. But looking at this photo, it doesn't look like it would be likely.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Vision of the Seas JS #8094 earlier this year in June

DSC_6803.JPG

DSC_6621.JPG

DSC_6696.JPG

DSC_6698.JPG

Also looking forward to 1688 on Adventure in November and 1388 on Explorer in jan 2013 :)

Very nice pictures! Do you have any more from this cruise and of the views from the balcony? I am actually having the cabin below yours in less the two weeks, so would be great to see some more pictures! Please reply to this thread and and I will send your my email.

Just a note about picking up those prized cabins 'as they open up' In Europe we cannot switch cabins. We loose the deposit and have to re-book, so it would be very expensive.

Because the Adventure from Malaga is selling to many newbie cruisers from Spain, the 'sweet' cabins seem easier to get. Hence having 1388 next month even though we only booked about 4 months ahead.

I don't think it's in Europe that you can't switch, it must be more something you can't do in the UK. I work with a German TA, and so with RCI Germany and they let me switch cabin when I ask.

Enjoy your cruise

Cindy

Wow....there are certainly alot of nice afts out there, aren´t there?

Have booked 1702 on the Liberty for next year. I am a little worried. The cruise is in May and it looks like the balcony is completely covered and doesn´t get much sun. Can anyone confirm this?

It will be May and I will be coming out of hibernation. A little bit of sun would feel good!

I'll be on Enchantment in a few months, aft JS 7672 - can someone tell me if the balcony has carpet? I can't tell from some of these pictures and it looks like different ships have different floor coverings.

Thanks!

** Be very aware that cabin numbers have changed during refurbishments. Triple check on the deck plan what cabin you want and make sure it is REALLY an Aft corner if that's what you want. On Freedom of the Seas, the fantastic 1388 and 1688 are now 1400 and 1700. Be very careful when booking.

E-Beth