Show us Your Aft!

What a shame all these pictures of AFTS and I cant look at them. If my wife walked into the room and caught me looking at pictures of someone else's Aft she would divorce me.

Looking is free!! Occupying will always cost!!:D:D

I think it's an old Chinese proverb!:);)

Thanks to so many generous people that were willing to share pictures of their aft staterooms.

It's almost a click, as there are a certain number of people that just insist that they pretty much own that cabin.......no matter when they cruise.

I guess that we do too......only our's are certain OS's that we would not trade for love nor money.

And speaking of that, God bless some of the souls that are involved in the Rhapsody aft fiasco.

It took me a few years to understand why Mr. Goldstein had the gaul to tell me off, in front of a few others, but today I understand.

So, for all of you aft lovers........of the ships that may be undergoing surgery.........via the drydock, make sure that you get the position on the ship that you wanted.......because they are changing cabin numbers, and what you enjoyed a year ago........may not be the same tomorrow!!

And there are plenty of people that are affected by this........and until Royal Caribbean makes amends........I along with others, are out to oust the CEO.......Mr. Goldstein, and have him replaced with someone that will make an outstanding CEO, and put Royal Caribbean back on it's feet, with customer service being at the top of their list.

Mr. Fain, I hope that you are listening or reading.;)

Rick

• 4 weeks later...
Voyager 7388, my hammock video:

View My Video

I have posted this so many times I know many of you are tired of it, but it puts me there:p

Not me!! Im not tired;):p It's my first time seeing it, Becci, and we've booked 7688 the same cabin on the port side (Adventure). I'm delighted to see your video! We are between Adventure and Jewel 8168 (also a corner aft), but I like how even though the view is obstructed a little from the cabin you get some shade, and it's a much bigger balcony. I was a little too toasty in the sun on Jewel 8672 sometimes, and I'm not sure the corner offers much more shade. But we are leaning towards Adventure ( dates work a bit better too).

Question for you...how did you get the hammock to stay up? I think you can buy these pretty cheaply, I'd love to put one up while I'm out there.

Ok, another question...on the Voyager class deck plans there is a blank space next to these cabins, do you happen to remember what is there? I don't think it's bothersome as no one reports anything but pure joy about these cabins, but thought I'd ask:D

PS it's becoming quite clear to me what your DH likes to do on a cruise LOL!!

Edited by Familygoboston

Ok, so I saw this on a board for another cruise line and couldn't find anything similar here.

I'm hoping this thread can be used for posting pictures of aft cabins, balconies and views.

I'd show you my aft, but I have to wait til next year for Serenade 1600....so looking forward to my first aft. :eek: Perhaps I should lose a few pounds first though :o...

btw, love this thread, been on CC for years and this is the first I've seen this one!

Nice to see it up and running again! Fun to see everyone's pics.

I've tried aft twice, and really liked it, but I think I prefer being all the way forward better. I'll take either!!! :D

Ok, another question...on the Voyager class deck plans there is a blank space next to these cabins, do you happen to remember what is there? I don't think it's bothersome as no one reports anything but pure joy about these cabins, but thought I'd ask:D

The blank area next to 7688 is a crew stairwell. We never had any noise at all from it. Our last Voyager cruise we had both 1688 & 7688 and we used these stairs to easily get between our cabins. Didn't appear to be a high traffic crew area. Think I only saw 2-3 crew members for the entire week.

Glad to see this thread resurrected... One of my favorites!

Yes, it's a stairwell that we have used on occasion...shhhhhhhhhhh;)

We used just plain old rope, but we found something at Home Depot that is much better, Husky velcro straps:2vw6an4.jpg

These are rated for 300 lbs and only cost 7 bucks!:eek: we have our hammock chair hanging with one on our patio right now. We use them now on ship.

Edited by BecciBoo

Ewwwww! thanks for the pic Kart'0025E11-Copy640x480.jpg That shows our 9256 for upcoming Alaska...woohoo! I can't wait to be sitting with my hot cocoa on my balcony watching the snow covered mountains and coast sliding by....mmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!

Edited by BecciBoo

If I win the lottery, I'm going in for drydock and my aft is going to be re-fitted. :)

RITFLMAO!!!!!

At work [on lunch] and can't put link to pics here. Will try to remember to do that when I get home...have some great pics of 1702 on Freedom last fall. or you can look them up on photobucket...just look for the album of "Sunebeach".

Long after I booked, I heard these cabins were sorta great, so when we had a big price drop, I waited 24 hours till the occupants of these primo cabins shuffled up to JS's and then I grabbed 'em. I couldn't get 2 right next to each other, but no worries, each balcony was big enough for all 4 of us to gather!

141750938.jpg

141750935.jpg

141750944.jpg

View of Sunset from 8672

141751335.jpg

141750979.jpg

Now I am an aft addict...I've booked both Jewel and Adventure aft balconies:o (not exactly the same kind of aft on Allure- but DD's have a BW balcony and we have an OVB across the hall.)

0025E11-Copy640x480.jpg

Love the hammock idea - would like to give it a try on our next cruise.

We'll be on the Brilliance in cabin 1100 (corner aft - right under the Windjammer in the picture). Been studying the picture but can't figure out where to attached the hammock - anyone have any ideas?