Show us Your Aft!

Mango- we haven't been in 1100, but I can tell you that there are not as many places to hang a hammock on Radiance class as some of the other ships that have more " supra structure" on and around the balcony. I f you look at my Jewel photo above, you will see the cabin we had 8672 had a " ladder" on the steel wall, to which you might be able to attach something, but the other " wall" was a glass divider between the balconies and i would be unsure about what would be strong enough to hold an occupied hammock.:eek: I do like the idea of the Velcro, because we do not leave anything on the balcony unattended, as it can be a hazard, so IF I were to do something like this, I would take it down when I was not on the balcony.

Edited by Familygoboston

I'd show you my aft, but I have to wait til next year for Serenade 1600....so looking forward to my first aft. :eek: Perhaps I should lose a few pounds first though :o...

btw, love this thread, been on CC for years and this is the first I've seen this one!

Oh ...look after 1600 for us ...we are in her next Oct.....our 1st aft as well !......will you deffo post some pics when you come back ...can't wait to go !!!

Sandra

Mango- we haven't been in 1100, but I can tell you that there are not as many places to hang a hammock on Radiance class as some of the other ships that have more " supra structure" on and around the balcony. I f you look at my Jewel photo above, you will see the cabin we had 8672 had a " ladder" on the steel wall, to which you might be able to attach something, but the other " wall" was a glass divider between the balconies and i would be unsure about what would be strong enough to hold an occupied hammock.:eek: I do like the idea of the Velcro, because we do not leave anything on the balcony unattended, as it can be a hazard, so IF I were to do something like this, I would take it down when I was not on the balcony.

Well dagnabbit anyways - I was hoping to waste away the days at sea lying in my hammock and swaying to the motion of the ocean.

was a glass divider between the balconies and i would be unsure about what would be strong enough to hold an occupied hammock.:eek: I do like the idea of the Velcro, because we do not leave anything on the balcony unattended, as it can be a hazard, so IF I were to do something like this, I would take it down when I was not on the balcony.

Nope it can take it. And I'm not tiny:( We did that on Voyager, you attach to the pole next to the wall that holds the panels and then there are pieces ofsolid metal on the left that probably have slits in them. At least on Voyager class there were plenty. Not sure what these holes in the metal are for but they hold the hammock ropes well. This is plate steel and steel poles. And there's no way the wind can blow it out with the velcro (rated to 300 lbs!). It would take a typhoon to do that. You can leave it up. We got the idea from a couple above us aft a couple of cruises ago and they've been doing it for years.

Mike, you should at least take the hammock and try it and let us know if there's nothing there to hang from. On Mariner last cruise we had a side balcony and indeed there was nothing that would work. Just another reason to snag those afts.

Edited by BecciBoo

Nope it can take it. And I'm not tiny:( We did that on Voyager, you attach to the pole next to the wall that holds the panels and then there are pieces ofsolid metal on the left that probably have slits in them. At least on Voyager class there were plenty. Not sure what these holes in the metal are for but they hold the hammock ropes well. This is plate steel and steel poles. And there's no way the wind can blow it out with the velcro (rated to 300 lbs!). It would take a typhoon to do that. You can leave it up. We got the idea from a couple above us aft a couple of cruises ago and they've been doing it for years.

Good to know! I know we have an Adventure Aft cabin booked and there certainly seems to be more places there to hang a hammock.

I guess I was thinking about the fire hazard...people smoking on balconies, an errant butt lands on the hammock...not sure how fire retardant they are, but I do know that the cruise line pays very close attention to that for all the "regulation" things that they put on the balconies, so I try to avoid leaving anything "non regulation" out there. Although, Ive been known to dry a bikini top out there, but lets face it, thats not very big:p:eek:

You won't have a problem with Adventure, plenty of holes and bars and pipes to use and they are all capable of holding a body believe me. Take it down if ya wanna. 7388 did not post that problem. It's too covered for anything like that to get in as you can see from my video.

You won't have a problem with Adventure, plenty of holes and bars and pipes to use and they are all capable of holding a body believe me. Take it down if ya wanna. 7388 did not post that problem. It's too covered for anything like that to get in as you can see from my video.

It looks super cozy, which is why we picked it! I like that it has loads of shade too, and my DH is a photo nut, so he will be able to maneuver around to photograph on more than one side. Thanks for the pics and the advice!

Haven't seen any from this stateroom posted yet. This was January 2011.

The aft was great and the room was fine. It was a five night cruise; think the room would have been too small for much longer, though.

I have a video of the room on You Tube, too.

1510996128_CompBal.jpg.857f181c409fea671fcddee087afb62d.jpg

DSCF8716.jpg.f07871e2203eeddc6e4bec2fb16c207d.jpg

1593201880_CompMEBBal.jpg.f02378a9fb08ed731b9926de082550f6.jpg

Ok, so I saw this on a board for another cruise line and couldn't find anything similar here.

I'm hoping this thread can be used for posting pictures of aft cabins, balconies and views.

Enchantment of the Seas - Feb/Mar 2012 - cabin # 8670

D1-3.jpg

D1-4.jpg

D1-5.jpg

D1-6.jpg

D2-1.jpg

D2-2.jpg

Ok, so I saw this on a board for another cruise line and couldn't find anything similar here.

I'm hoping this thread can be used for posting pictures of aft cabins, balconies and views.

Enchantment of the Seas - cabin 8666

D5f.jpg

Mariner of the Seas - June 2009 - cabin 1394

2221795650095309218S600x600Q85.jpg

2999285860095309218S600x600Q85.jpg

2283175700095309218S600x600Q85.jpg

2202632260095309218S600x600Q85.jpg

2232857520095309218S600x600Q85.jpg

Freedom of the Seas - June 2007 - cabin 8714

Sitting room ...

1scga-IMG_7456.jpg

1scgb-SitRmbedopen-1.jpg

1scgd-SitRmbedopen-2.jpg

Master bedroom

1scge-IMG_7459.jpg

Second bedroom ...

1scgf-IMG_7457.jpg

2nd bedroom set up to sleep four ...

1scgg-2ndbedrm-MS.jpg

• 3 months later...
On the other hand, in June I snagged 7688 on ExOS for 2 back-to-back September cruises (less than 4 months in advance). Boy, did I feel luck. So, if you can't book early, keep an eye on cabin availability; sometimes they open up:D.

We booked in April for this cabin in September. For those not in the know about it, the deck plan doesn't show how big the balcony actually is and the cabin is listed as "Obstructed View" in online description.