Where to stay the night before

BFisher244

We always stay at the La Quinta on LeJuene in Miami. Right next to the airport. Very inexpensive and they have a shuttle bus that is free. The best though, is that you can leave your car there (we live in Tampa so we drive over) for no charge. The car stays in the hotel parking lot, so it's very safe.

They have a very good breakfast that is included. Hot waffles, cereals (hot and cold), breads, fruits, coffee/tea/juice.

The Bennigans right in front is incredibly good; I was hesitant to try it, since most Bennigans are closed but we went with six people and every dinner was delicious and cooked exactly right.

Enjoy!

Kathryn

:D

Can someone recommend a good hotel in Miami to stay in the night before sailing on the Epic? I'm looking for inexpensive and close to the dock with shuttle service.

Thanks in advance.

Go to www.lastminutetravel.com. Put in Miami downtown and ask for a 5 star hotel. It doesn't name the hotel, but it should come up as the Intercontinental Hotel (a wonderful hotel 1/2 mile from the port and if you request a bayside room when you check-in you'll be able to actually see the ships in port). If you click on "more info" it will list that it's across from Bayside Market...that way you'll know it's Intercontinental Hotel. It's going for $84/night, which is an absolute steal (the hotel typically goes for $250-$500/night). I booked three rooms for our 8/7 cruise...

I stayed at La Quinta last cruise and at the Intercontinental the cruise before that. Intercontinental is very nice I paid almost 200 on priceline 84 is a great price for that hotel. I booked La Quinta again for this November, 74 dollars with AAA Free shuttle from the airport, free shuttle to the Port and free breakfast great deal...not 5 star but the price is right.

Can someone recommend a good hotel in Miami to stay in the night before sailing on the Epic? I'm looking for inexpensive and close to the dock with shuttle service.

Thanks in advance.

Staying at a decent hotel near the airport. Free airport shuttle, port shuttle and continental breakfast for $59. Runway Inn. We don't really like the chain hotels so this works great and it's only for a night.

Thanks for the tip, Lewis4x4!!!! It worked! I just got 2 rooms at the Intercontinental Miami for $84/night!!!! Score!

YeahI wish I knew about that deal before booking our hotel. We're at the Viceroy which looks really nice; but for $200. :P I am not sure if we can cancel as it's a prepaid deal through expedia. Hmmm... I should look into this.

Go to www.lastminutetravel.com. Put in Miami downtown and ask for a 5 star hotel. It doesn't name the hotel, but it should come up as the Intercontinental Hotel (a wonderful hotel 1/2 mile from the port and if you request a bayside room when you check-in you'll be able to actually see the ships in port). If you click on "more info" it will list that it's across from Bayside Market...that way you'll know it's Intercontinental Hotel. It's going for $84/night, which is an absolute steal (the hotel typically goes for $250-$500/night). I booked three rooms for our 8/7 cruise...

Incredible deal...thanks for the tip. We usually stay at the Hampton or Marriott near the airport....but I'm booking the IC this trip.

We always stay at the La Quinta on LeJuene in Miami. Right next to the airport. Very inexpensive and they have a shuttle bus that is free. The best though, is that you can leave your car there (we live in Tampa so we drive over) for no charge. The car stays in the hotel parking lot, so it's very safe.

They have a very good breakfast that is included. Hot waffles, cereals (hot and cold), breads, fruits, coffee/tea/juice.

The Bennigans right in front is incredibly good; I was hesitant to try it, since most Bennigans are closed but we went with six people and every dinner was delicious and cooked exactly right.

Enjoy!

Kathryn

Kathryn...........did you happen to notice if there were any stores nearby the LaQuinta that sells 12 packs of soda? thanks

Michael

Kathryn...........did you happen to notice if there were any stores nearby the LaQuinta that sells 12 packs of soda? thanks

Michael

We too stayed one night at that LaQuinta. It's on a very busy street. Didn't notice about a nearby store within walking distance because we drove and selected the hotel for the free parking and shuttle to the pier. Worked out great. You didn't mention whether you are driving and wanting to park, or flying, but I think that might make a difference. You could probably do just as well with a hotel closer to port that has free shuttle if you don't need the parking.

We are staying at Soffitel Blue Lagoon near airport.

We stayed at Holiday Inn Port of Miami last year and really didn't like it or the area.

We will have a leisurely breakfast then catch a cab about 11AM down to the port and hopefully be onboard by 12:30PM

Enjoy!

Kathryn

Hi. I'm in Tampa area too. Thx for the advice on were to stay

We have stayed at the Holiday inn Bayside. It faces the port and you have a good view of ships. It is also across the street the the Bayside shopping area.

Can you leave your car there? I would be driving down.

We always stay at the Intercontinental, such a nice place. Everything is very close by so you don't need a car. Typically we dine at Hard Rock and walk around the marketplace afterwards. We had a great view of the ships coming in the next morning, you do have to 'request' that view. It's not guaranteed but I have had it every time.

Hopefully there's someone local lurking on the board :) We're flying in the nght before, and plan on staying at one of the Miami Marriott properties. Can anyone recommend one that has a place nearby to purchase alcohol and soda? Thanks!

"We always stay at the La Quinta on LeJuene in Miami. Right next to the airport. Very inexpensive and they have a shuttle bus that is free."

Does the La Quinta shuttle have free pick up after a cruise? I see that some hotels only take you there but will not pick up from the port.

"We always stay at the La Quinta on LeJuene in Miami. Right next to the airport. Very inexpensive and they have a shuttle bus that is free."

Does the La Quinta shuttle have free pick up after a cruise? I see that some hotels only take you there but will not pick up from the port.

No.

I am on www.lastminutetravel.com right now and there is a hotel that is NEXT to Bayside Market. Any idea if this is the IC? or should it read ACROSS from Bayside?? THANKS!!!

I am on www.lastminutetravel.com right now and there is a hotel that is NEXT to Bayside Market. Any idea if this is the IC? or should it read ACROSS from Bayside?? THANKS!!!

34 floor

644 guestrooms

66,000 sq ft

Centrally located next to bayside

Yes, that is IC. Thanks to all the wonderful people on this forum, we booked 4 rooms at the price of $84 + tax each. If booked with the hotel ,it should be $208 +tax!

Archived