Where to stay the night before

BFisher244

Hopefully there's someone local lurking on the board :) We're flying in the nght before, and plan on staying at one of the Miami Marriott properties. Can anyone recommend one that has a place nearby to purchase alcohol and soda? Thanks!

If you are staying on the Marriott's airport hotel "campus," there is not much in easy walking distance. The hotel shuttle vehicle might take you someplace, or you could take a cab.

Hopefully there's someone local lurking on the board :) We're flying in the nght before, and plan on staying at one of the Miami Marriott properties. Can anyone recommend one that has a place nearby to purchase alcohol and soda? Thanks!

Look at the Marriott Biscayne Bay. It is connected to the Doubletree (I think) and there are shops where the 2 connect.

Cool. Changed to Intercontinental and canceling Viceroy. :) Thanks!

What a shame. The Hotel Viceroy makes the Intercontinental look like a dump.

Can you leave your car there? I would be driving down.

You probably could but parking there would be twice as expensive as parking at the port.

Staying at a decent hotel near the airport. Free airport shuttle, port shuttle and continental breakfast for $59. Runway Inn. We don't really like the chain hotels so this works great and it's only for a night.

I urge you to reconsider. This is not a decent hotel.

lewis4x4, how long does it typically take for you to receive a response from lastminutetravel.com to confirm the reservation? the status for my reservations are still pending/request status, so just curious. thanks!!!!

I booked this hotel yesterday with the same company, and am still waiting as well. It says up to 48 hours to confirm reservation. I am hoping that I got it, otherwise I will give Priceline another try.:)

34 floor

644 guestrooms

66,000 sq ft

Centrally located next to bayside

Yes, that is IC. Thanks to all the wonderful people on this forum, we booked 4 rooms at the price of $84 + tax each. If booked with the hotel ,it should be $208 +tax!

Thanks!!! Now to find a shuttle to/from FLL.

• 4 weeks later...
:D

Go to www.lastminutetravel.com. Put in Miami downtown and ask for a 5 star hotel. It doesn't name the hotel, but it should come up as the Intercontinental Hotel (a wonderful hotel 1/2 mile from the port and if you request a bayside room when you check-in you'll be able to actually see the ships in port). If you click on "more info" it will list that it's across from Bayside Market...that way you'll know it's Intercontinental Hotel. It's going for $84/night, which is an absolute steal (the hotel typically goes for $250-$500/night). I booked three rooms for our 8/7 cruise...

Thank you so much for this tip! Our cruise isn't until December, but I decided to go ahead and book our room at the Intercontinental now anyway :) We're flying into FLL the morning December 10th (our cruise leaves Dec 11th), and we're going to rent a car for the day. There is a Hertz drop off location one block away from the hotel. Plus they offer shuttle service to the port.

:confused: Cruisin on the Carnival Liberty 01/08/11 and planning on coming into Miami the night before. I tried to book the intercontinential but it's coming up $250-$350 a night. I went to the adress you posted, but couldn't just type in Miami downtown (it wouldn't take it). What am I doing wrong? Do you think it's because it's to early to book? HELP ~ PLEASE~ & thank you:rolleyes:

:confused: Cruisin on the Carnival Liberty 01/08/11 and planning on coming into Miami the night before. I tried to book the intercontinential but it's coming up $250-$350 a night. I went to the adress you posted, but couldn't just type in Miami downtown (it wouldn't take it). What am I doing wrong? Do you think it's because it's to early to book? HELP ~ PLEASE~ & thank you:rolleyes:

I checked Lastminutetravel for your date of 1/7/11 and the Intercontintental did not come up as available. You don't type in downtown - just type Miami FL then check Downtown button (or whatever you want) one screen later.

I assume there are only two of you? If that's the case, the best available for one night on 1/7/11 is $129 (plus tax) for what comes up as the Marriott Biscayne Bay. The JW Marriott is coming up at $140.

:D

Go to www.lastminutetravel.com. Put in Miami downtown and ask for a 5 star hotel. It doesn't name the hotel, but it should come up as the Intercontinental Hotel (a wonderful hotel 1/2 mile from the port and if you request a bayside room when you check-in you'll be able to actually see the ships in port). If you click on "more info" it will list that it's across from Bayside Market...that way you'll know it's Intercontinental Hotel. It's going for $84/night, which is an absolute steal (the hotel typically goes for $250-$500/night). I booked three rooms for our 8/7 cruise...

Thank you Lewis4x4 for the tip! You just saved me half the cost of the room. I had booked directly with the hotel last week and was just perusing the boards now and found this handy piece of info, so have rebooked using last minute travel!

• 3 months later...

I was able to find the IC for my dates (feb 2-3) but don't want to spend $167 plus fees/taxes for the one night! Still trying to find a deal in downtown MIA or coconut grove/coral gables area - otherwise guess we will be stuck at an airport hotel! :(

Archived