? about Millie Aft/Staircase

RealDeal

Real Deal, Are you thinking that that space between 7200 and 7202 is a stairway? No, it is actually part of 7202 FOV. It is a little hallway that is behind the first doorway, and then there is an additional doorway into the actual room. It is not a public or crew space. It is part of 7202's room. I have that room in October.

.... what part of 7200 & 7202 are connected?
No part - they are not connected at all.

There is a wall between them.

To reach the aft staircase and elevator from 7200, you turn right upon exiting the cabin and walk forward past about a dozen cabins.

No, there is no connection whatsoever. that space you see is part of 7202, they just don't show it as part of 7202. It looks like a hallway, which it is, but not public, part of 7202. It actually makes a better barrier between the two rooms.

Oh, I'm so confused...But there's a little hallway next to 7200 where the person in 7202 would "turn" to get to their cabin, no? You're saying that whole area the schematic shows as empty space is actually connected to 7202? That sort of defeats my objective of having only one neighbor...

There is a doorway (key entry for 7202) way out even with the other doors even though it shows as white, not marroon like the cabin. Then a straight hallway that goes almost all the way port side. Then there is another door that goes into the main part of cabin. All parts of the room except that hallway are far away from your wall. Only one side of one closet abutts the common wall. To give you an idea, there is probably 12 from that inside doorway, turning right toward aft before the bath or bed area.

I'll try to post a link here that shows you the hallway that is part of 7202. It is looking into cabin looking at closet with the interior cabin door open. the left hand side of this hallway (in picture) is the wall that will be against your wall.

http://photos.imageevent.com/korbel/allaboutus/anniversarycruise2008/onboardtheconstellation/websize/DSC0108911.JPG

RealDeal,

yes, essentially the white space is a private hallway leading to 7202. The hallway has two doors--one at each end.

The first door to enter this hallway lines up with the left edge of FV 7204 in the deck plan. When you look at this door standing outside of your cabin (7200), it looks like a normal cabin door. However there is a hallway behind it.

The 2nd doorway goes into the colored area on the deck plan that represents FV 7202.

Hopefully the picture below will help. In this picture corner FV 7202 is the left open door (with private hallway visible), non-corner FV 7204 is the open door on the right. The right most door (closed) is aft C1 7206. The door to your cabin (7200) would be just to the left of the photo which is not visible.

This photo also shows why the corner FV cabins are larger than the non-corner FVs. Also note that there is no stairwell door in the photo.

ry%3D480

Oh, I'm so confused...But there's a little hallway next to 7200 where the person in 7202 would "turn" to get to their cabin, no? You're saying that whole area the schematic shows as empty space is actually connected to 7202? That sort of defeats my objective of having only one neighbor...
The deck plan is misleading. There is actually a door at the entrance to that little hallway (the "empty space") that is part of 7202.

So you have cabin 7198 as your neighbor on one side and the hallway to 7202 as your neighbor on the other side. You should hear no noise from 7202 because that hallway acts as a sort of buffer between your cabin and theirs.

You have only one neighboring balcony, 7198 on the forward side. There is no neighboring balcony beside 7200 on the aft side.

You guys have been so helpful...thank you!!! NOW I get it!

I AM SO MAD THOUGH...This morning there was a corner FV available (it would've been about $500 more total, for a 10-day cruise) & b/c they're small & I couldn't get thru, by the time I did, it was gone...I literally missed it by probably 90 seconds...no joke.

Yeah, I saw your other C3 vs FV thread. Too bad you missed it. Although there is no guarantee on what the price diff will be next time, keep your eyes open on the website reservation system--one may open up between now and when you sail. You can also ask your TA to put in a request to have you waitlisted for the next available FV.

We have been in 2 FVs so far and will be sailing in our 3rd FV next week.....

The first one (the one I wanted was a corner)...the one that was left that I was debating was not...THAT was my dilemma...sigh.

This is the FIRST time I've gotten burned by booking w/an agent...and boy it hurts...

I know I must sound really "stupid" (LOL), but if that space is part of 7202, how are the rooms not connected?
You do not sound "stupid" at all. You are only asking intelligent questions. It is the deck plans and photos that are confusing.

The rooms are not connected because there is no connecting door through the wall between them.

I can see how the photo posted above may be misleading because it does show the doors in the left hallway wall, but I can assure you that they do not go into 7200. Those doors only open into a narrow maintenance area that has plumbing and temperature controls.

Occasionally the ship's maintenance people need to enter that hallway to access the plumbing/heating/air conditioning equipment, but that does not affect cabin 7200 because the access to the equipment is only from the 7202 side.

(For any first-time passenger in 7202 reading this who may be concerned, I just want to add that there is an additional locking interior door between the hallway and the cabin itself so even when maintenance men are working in the hallway, you still have a locked door between you and them.)

Archived