Luggage to Airport

BcIcemen

Has anyone(and I know someone has) used the service where you leave your luggage outside your cabin and they take it to the airport for you? What is the cost? Were you satisfied? Would you do it again? Thanks

we'll use it again on freedom in october. used it last year on victory and it worked great. last november it was $20 for up to two bags. they also print your boarding passes so all you have to do is go through security when you get to the airport.:)

We used this on our last cruise and it was so convenient! We were able to stroll off the boat and tour around the city for many hours before heading to the airport. It was greatness and worth it for that.

Price is $20 per person + your airline's baggage fee. Also, per their documentation, if one person in the cabin is using it, all must.

We used this on our last cruise and it was so convenient! We were able to stroll off the boat and tour around the city for many hours before heading to the airport. It was greatness and worth it for that.

Price is $20 per person + your airline's baggage fee. Also, per their documentation, if one person in the cabin is using it, all must.

DO you book it in advance or when you are on the ship?

DO you book it in advance or when you are on the ship?

On the ship.

Here's Carnival's information regarding the Luggage Express program:

Luggage Express

Carnival’s On-Board Check-in Program

Carnival is offering a convenient airline and luggage check-in service to our guests at select ports and/or ships. Currently, this service is being offered:

PORTS

SHIPS

Port Canaveral

Dream

Port Everglades

Freedom / Miracle

Miami

Liberty / Valor / Destiny / Imagination / Glory

Tampa

Legend

San Juan

Victory

San Diego

Spirit

Seattle

Spirit

Rather than check in at the airport for the return flight, eligible guests may choose to participate for just a nominal fee of $20 per person in addition to baggage fees that may be required by the specific airline for checked luggage. Guests will receive both their airline boarding passes and their luggage tags while they are enjoying their vacation at sea. Better yet, they will only need to place their checked luggage outside of their stateroom and will not touch it again until they claim it at their final destination.

• Only a maximum of two bags per guests can be checked-in.

· Applicable on most major domestic airlines – guest will need to check on board for participating airlines as they are subject to change.

• Applicable to:

o U.S. Citizens and Canadian Citizens with proper travel documentation; if flying to Canada, a valid passport is required.

o U.S Alien Residents with an Alien Registration Card.

o International Guests with proper travel documentation traveling to a U.S airport or Canadian airport destination.

• Flight/s must be on a participating airline, departing from the airport on the same day of debarkation to a U.S airport or Canadian airport destination.

Early in the cruise, eligible guests will receive an invitation to participate in this program. The guest must complete the registration form and sign it to authorize the fees to be charged to their Sail & Sign account and then drop it off at the Guest Services Desk. The day prior to debarkation, airline boarding passes, luggage tags along with a letter are delivered to the stateroom. Guests place the tags on the luggage that will be checked in and then place it outside their stateroom for collection. On debarkation day, participants may debark at their convenience.

The luggage will be transferred from the ship to the corresponding airline and flight. Guests must claim their bags upon flight arrival at their final destination. If there are any delays or problems with their luggage, guests need to contact the airline to report any problems.

We did it on our Hawaii cruise a few years ago. We were on an NCL ship and yes, I would do it again. You put your luggage out just like usual the night before, but they give you the airline tags to put on it. It goes directly to the airport and you don't see it again until you get to your home airport. We even checked our carry-ons and it was nice to just go straight to the security line at the airport without anything to drag around.

It worked great for us in Hawaii because we'd planned to go to Pearl Harbor the last day and you can't take anything inside except your camera and wallet. I think our cost was $25-$30. Not all the airlines participate, though.

I used it on the Dream in May - worked like a charm - luggage was at baggage pick-up in Denver when I got off my plane. Cost $20 for two bags. The girl sharing my cabin did not use it, so I'm not aware that everyone in the cabin has to do the same thing.

Used it last yr returning from Alaska and was worth it!! I think $20 per bag plus your airline charge. You fill out the paperwork on the ship and leave it out with the special tag. WORTH IT!!!

On the ship.

Here's Carnival's information regarding the Luggage Express program:

Luggage Express

Carnival’s On-Board Check-in Program

Carnival is offering a convenient airline and luggage check-in service to our guests at select ports and/or ships. Currently, this service is being offered:

PORTS

SHIPS

Port Canaveral

Dream

Port Everglades

Freedom / Miracle

Miami

Liberty / Valor / Destiny / Imagination / Glory

Tampa

Legend

San Juan

Victory

San Diego

Spirit

Seattle

Spirit

Rather than check in at the airport for the return flight, eligible guests may choose to participate for just a nominal fee of $20 per person in addition to baggage fees that may be required by the specific airline for checked luggage. Guests will receive both their airline boarding passes and their luggage tags while they are enjoying their vacation at sea. Better yet, they will only need to place their checked luggage outside of their stateroom and will not touch it again until they claim it at their final destination.

• Only a maximum of two bags per guests can be checked-in.

· Applicable on most major domestic airlines – guest will need to check on board for participating airlines as they are subject to change.

• Applicable to:

o U.S. Citizens and Canadian Citizens with proper travel documentation; if flying to Canada, a valid passport is required.

o U.S Alien Residents with an Alien Registration Card.

o International Guests with proper travel documentation traveling to a U.S airport or Canadian airport destination.

• Flight/s must be on a participating airline, departing from the airport on the same day of debarkation to a U.S airport or Canadian airport destination.

Early in the cruise, eligible guests will receive an invitation to participate in this program. The guest must complete the registration form and sign it to authorize the fees to be charged to their Sail & Sign account and then drop it off at the Guest Services Desk. The day prior to debarkation, airline boarding passes, luggage tags along with a letter are delivered to the stateroom. Guests place the tags on the luggage that will be checked in and then place it outside their stateroom for collection. On debarkation day, participants may debark at their convenience.

The luggage will be transferred from the ship to the corresponding airline and flight. Guests must claim their bags upon flight arrival at their final destination. If there are any delays or problems with their luggage, guests need to contact the airline to report any problems.

Flight/s must be on a participating airline, departing from the airport on the same day of debarkation to a U.S airport or Canadian airport destination.

Does anyone know the participating airlines. Is Southwest on the list?

Thanks,

Marcy

I had emailed Delta about the Luggage Express program and asked if they participated.

Received an answer...Carnival has to be contacted.

AARRGGHH...hate getting answers like that. So I'll just call Delta the day before I go, or just ask at the airport when I'm there and speak face to face with a human being.

Thanks....on my last cruise, the ship didn't offer it, and I hauled around my luggage for 3 hours, then caved and rented a luggage cart. Best money I ever spent....for the next 3 hrs just wheeled it around touring the airport.

Melanie

does anyone how you pay the baggage fee if you have not paid in advance the fee to the airline? Is that a charge that goes on the S&S card too? Or do you pay at the airport once you get there? I can't seem to find an answer to that one. Thanks.

does anyone how you pay the baggage fee if you have not paid in advance the fee to the airline? Is that a charge that goes on the S&S card too? Or do you pay at the airport once you get there? I can't seem to find an answer to that one. Thanks.

Carnival's fee is entirely separate from the fees charged by the airline.

If there's an overweight charge or charge for a checked bag you will be required to pay that to the airline before boarding...

:)

If there's an overweight charge or charge for a checked bag you will be required to pay that to the airline before boarding...

Hi Host Mach! That's the elusive question/answer. The million dollar question is "how and/or when is that luggage fee paid to the airlines?" If you can theoretically just walk into the airport with your boarding pass in hand and no luggage with you and just go to your gate, where and who do you go to pay the fee to?.....much less, who at the airlines knows to stop anyone in order to seek payment when you already have a boarding pass in hand? Does anyone have the answer to how this works? Looking forward to knowing in advance of using the service. Thanks

Thanks Mach! I really want to take advantage of this service since I have an early-ish flight (11:25). As long as I can settle up at the airport and my luggage arrives where it's supposed to I'll be very happy

We used Luggage Express in June on the Dream & the airline's baggage fee appeared on our S&S charges. Just walked through security at the airport.

Sorry, but that's not quite right. I believe your flight has to be no earlier than noon to use the service. We used it on Delta this year and our flight was at 12:25 pm. Our bags arrived on the same flight with us at our home airport. Also, the baggage fees did show on our sail and sign. They don't give you the discount of checking in online...it's the same fee as curbside checkin. Still, it's a great bargain if you hate lugging around your suitcases for hours!

Archived