Transportation from Orlando to Port Canaveral

We decided to book our own airfare for our cruise and not go thru RCC. (and we got them a lot cheaper...at least $150pp cheaper) I do not care for the shuttle buses also..long lines, take forever waiting on other flights to get in etc. Any suggestions on how to get to the port ? Which is cheaper and how much is a cab or limo ?:cool:

If there are more than 2 of you, your cheapest bet is to rent a car, drop it off in Port Canaveral and then the rental car shuttle takes you right to the ship. On the way back you do the reverse. Under $50 each way. Avis and Budget I know for sure have shuttles. HTH

My answer depends on if you are flying in the day before or not.

If you fly in the day before, rent a car from Avis at the airport. You can return it to the Avis office in Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral area and they will shuttle you to the port free of charge. They will also pick you up after the cruise and take you back to their office so you can pick up another vehicle and return it at the airport. We have done this three times and works great.

If you fly in the same day as you leave there are a lot of options. Two of which are Arts Shuttle (never used them but have read on this board where several have and liked the experience) or Cocoa Beach Shuttle. We have used them and they are very good.

Have fun and I hope this helps you out.

Tim

We have rented a car with Budget in the past. It may take a bit longer than a shuttle, but it's worth saving the money. It is very easy to rent the car at the airport and return it at the pier.

Just remember they sometimes "freeze" $250 on your credit card for up to a week.

Here a link for info on car rental in Orlando

http://www.dcltribute.com/carhire/carhirebody.htm

Bobbie

Archived