How early can we line up for Embarkation in Ft. Lauderdale?

lushou

I know what time we are allowed to board the ship, but we are wondering how early the line opens for waiting.
Probably 10:30 am to be among the first to board the ship after the Platinum/Elite/Suite passengers. Boarding can start between 11:30 - Noon.

You can get there as early as you want if you don't mind standing in the sun outdoors! My experience in Lauderdale is to get there about 11:30. They usually don't open the gates toll around noon and then they let the elite in first followed by the platinum followed by everyone else.

We just made platinum status, so when we go to the port, is there a different line than everyone? Also, we are traveling with another couple.

Would it be better for all 4 of us to go stand in the general line and wait, or do they go with us even tho we are platinum and they are not?

Just want the proper protocol and don't want to step on any toes so to speak.

Also, are the main dining rooms now open for lunch when we board? I always hate the zoo of the buffet on that first afternoon.

10:30 is still early but you will be among the first if you are prepared to wait just a little. Actually, the buffet on July 25 was an absolute breeze. I was very pleasantly surprised. Lots of help. Lots of room. Very easy.

I guess you can get there as early as you want to but....why? The cruise terminal should be open around 9:30AM. You can't start boarding until about 11:30Am or noon, but if standing in line and just waiting around is your thing, go for it! :D

We just made platinum status, so when we go to the port, is there a different line than everyone? Also, we are traveling with another couple.

Would it be better for all 4 of us to go stand in the general line and wait, or do they go with us even tho we are platinum and they are not?

Just want the proper protocol and don't want to step on any toes so to speak.

Also, are the main dining rooms now open for lunch when we board? I always hate the zoo of the buffet on that first afternoon.

Your boarding pass will say "Priority" on the top. Just show it to one of the employees and they will direct you to the proper line. Your friends should be able to go with you.

The lining room is open for lunch from noon to 1:30 (I think).

Your boarding pass will say "Priority" on the top. Just show it to one of the employees and they will direct you to the proper line. Your friends should be able to go with you.

The lining room is open for lunch from noon to 1:30 (I think).

Our friends were never able to go with us as they weren't Platinum or in a suite. Our children were, but not our friends.

One of the times we were in a full suite and our kids weren't with us, we asked if they could and the answer was no.

I ended up at the FLL cruise terminal very early once, as my friend had to drop me off on his way to work. Let's put it this way, I was so early that most of the disembarking passengers were still disembarking, and the cages weren't even set up to accept checked luggage yet!

Basically, I hung out on the benches outside around the corner from the entrance (which are covered from the sun) until they would accept my luggage. They opened the entrance for passengers not too much later.....probably around 10 or 10:30 or thereabouts.

We are Elite and have never had any problem taking our non Platinum or Elite friends with us. Just tell them they are traveling with you and show your boarding pass. They have always let us take people on early with us. (this is our experience on Ft Lauderdale...not sure about other ports)

We are Elite and have never had any problem taking our non Platinum or Elite friends with us. Just tell them they are traveling with you and show your boarding pass. They have always let us take people on early with us. (this is our experience on Ft Lauderdale...not sure about other ports)
Princess is very nice about this usually, but it's also the reason why those who have earned Priority frequently wind up in a longer check-in line and boarding the ship, and those without Priority have a longer wait to board while their fellow non-Priority passengers board early.

I don't want to step on anyone's toes, but I think it is totally wrong when checking in to bring non Platinum or non Elite folks with you in line when you are embarking. Perhaps that sounds harsh, but it is not fair in my opinion to either the Platinum members who have taken numerous cruises to obtain the early embarkation nor to the cruisers who are not in these categories to be forced to wait longer for their turn.

I don't want to step on anyone's toes, but I think it is totally wrong when checking in to bring non Platinum or non Elite folks with you in line when you are embarking. Perhaps that sounds harsh, but it is not fair in my opinion to either the Platinum members who have taken numerous cruises to obtain the early embarkation nor to the cruisers who are not in these categories to be forced to wait longer for their turn.

Good point.

I see your point but this is what Princess states on their website under Platinum benefits.

Preferred Check-In

When you arrive at the port, don’t wait in line. If you are a Platinum Member, you and your family or guests will be invited to use the Preferred Check-In desk to help expedite your embarkation.

Not only does Princess allow it but they consider it to be a "benefit."

Preferred Check-In

When you arrive at the port, don’t wait in line. If you are a Platinum Member, you and your family or guests will be invited to use the Preferred Check-In desk to help expedite your embarkation.

Not only does Princess allow it but they consider it to be a "benefit."

My interpretation of 'guest' is someone for whom you are paying.

Perhaps a non-family member staying in your cabin.

A guest is certainly different than a friend.

But, I'm sure this is like all Princess 'rules' -- people read them the

way they want to.

My interpretation of 'guest' is someone for whom you are paying.

Perhaps a non-family member staying in your cabin.

A guest is certainly different than a friend.

But, I'm sure this is like all Princess 'rules' -- people read them the

way they want to.

If you re-read my post, the person I was quoting stated "I think it is totally wrong when checking in to bring non Platinum or non Elite folks with you in line when you are embarking." They did not differentiate between family, guests or friends.

Hampton Inn took us to Crown at 10:30AM and there were 20 folks in the Platinum room. We were onboard by 11:10AM since we were Caribe & 3rd group at clerks. Lunch at Michaelangelo was great also.

SO glad that we flew in the night before as many told us to do, after years of flying in the day of the cruise, to be rested to board.

Might have been the Elite/Platinum side entrance only. :)

I know what time we are allowed to board the ship, but we are wondering how early the line opens for waiting.

The last two times we've sailing from FLL we've arrived at the terminal abt 10:15 a.m. and have entered at the side entrance to go through security and then relax until it was time to board a bit before noon. The general board doors have not been open yet but anyone at that time of morning can go through the side Elite/Platinum doors. Once through security Elite/Platinum go to their waiting area while others have their area to sit and relax while waiting.

Archived