Why do excursions go up in price when I log in?

Julia Goolia

Hi, all. I am hoping that someone can help me. I typically book private excursions but I'm not sure if we can actually do Mystic Mountain/Bobsled ride on our own once we get there or not so I'm playing it safe and trying to book the Carnival excursion. As this is my first experience trying to book a Carnival sponsored excursion, I'm not really sure if what I'm experiencing is normal or not.

When I am NOT logged in to the Carnival site, the price on the Bobsled excursion for Ocho Rios is $45. When I log in and try to book it, the price raises to $60.

Anyone have any idea why that is happening?

Thanks in advance.

I think on the page where you book it excursions it says that different times may cost more (aka the exact same excursion will cost more at 11am than it would at 730am). It could also be due to the cruise you're on. Maybe usually it's $45, but the excursions for your cruise cost more? Sometimes the excursions cost more when you book them on the ship than if you book them before hand.

You could always call Carnival and ask why!

Hi, all. I am hoping that someone can help me. I typically book private excursions but I'm not sure if we can actually do Mystic Mountain/Bobsled ride on our own once we get there or not so I'm playing it safe and trying to book the Carnival excursion. As this is my first experience trying to book a Carnival sponsored excursion, I'm not really sure if what I'm experiencing is normal or not.

When I am NOT logged in to the Carnival site, the price on the Bobsled excursion for Ocho Rios is $45. When I log in and try to book it, the price raises to $60.

Thanks in advance.

You can send an email to Carnival and ask or give them a quick call. I had someissues when I was booking an excursin last week and it was resolved quickly once I called

Thanks, all. I appreciate the attempts to help.

As far as times, this isn't an excursion which has different times so that can't be it (but thanks for trying!) :)

I guess I'll just take everyone's advice and just call Carnival to ask them. I was just hoping that I could get a quick/correct answer here from someone that it had happened to before.

Take care,

Thanks in advance.

I've had this to happen on online travel websites. I would return to a site to find higher prices than when I first checked. I found out later that some sites have spyware to let them know that you have visited the site before, so they jack the price up. After dusting off my cookies, the prices returned to the former amount.

I booked two Carnival excursions back in May for our Dream trip next week. Last week I checked them to see times and if they suggest towels, etc. only to find they had increased in price. Not sure if this was just a price increase or if it is cheaper to book a few months early.:confused:

I booked two Carnival excursions back in May for our Dream trip next week. Last week I checked them to see times and if they suggest towels, etc. only to find they had increased in price. Not sure if this was just a price increase or if it is cheaper to book a few months early.:confused:

Hmmm. That is a good possibility but this was the same day! Who knows. I'm at work now but will call Carnival on Monday to see what's up.

Thanks again to everyone who offered advice, etc.

Archived