Breakfast room service menu

Does anybody have a menu for breakfast room service? We would love to eat in our room. Has anybody brought it back to the room to eat? Is that feasible? Thanks. Leaving in 5 weeks.

The breakfast room service menu is pretty basic, but includes and the normal breakfast staples. Coffee, Tea and Juice is also available.

If you want to go to the Windjammer and bring back to your cabin, that is fine too and you will have a bigger selection to choose from.

Enjoy your cruise.

Unless you have a suite with a dining table, eating on the coffee table or tiny patio table is difficult, at best!

But yes...you can bring food from the WJ to anywhere on the ship (almost!)...

We have written in things that are not on the room service menu, and they've been delivered.

Do try the dining room for breakfast...it's a lovely atmosphere, with tableclothes and table service...no waiting in line for jam or syrup while your food gets cold! No trying to find a clean table....everything is on the table, condiment-wise, so when your food is brought to you, you can dig right in!

The door hanger breakfast menu has several things..all have been good.Just fill it out the night before and choose your desired delivery time (they always call to let you know it's on it's way..great wakeup call)..When we stay in a RFS they usually deliver two carts full..lots of food to enjoy on our balcony(large table with 6 chairs) ..The posts above are correct we have written in items and have also had no problem getting them delivered..As for bringing back food from the WJ..that can be a balancing act and would probably be cold by the time we get it there...Enjoy those balcony breakfasts..a great way to start the day..:)

I always put the tag on the door for 7am delivery of coffee & pastry.

That tides me over until we go to the main dining room for breakfast :O)

You don't really have to be up, just stagger to the door in your jammies & they bring the stuff in.

The dining room is a bit slow but I find the atmosphere & company of other guests is a great way to start the day. The also have a great cereal/fruit bar in the main dining room,at least on the Mariner.

We love breakfast on the balcony! Mainly because we like to sleep in on vacation and that way we don't have to rush to get to breakfast. They stop serving it too early IMO.

They just have the basics but it is pretty good. Fruit plates, scrambled eggs with sausage or bacon, hashbrowns, muffins and other sweet rolls, cereal etc.

Nothing better than sitting in your robes in the morning watching the waves and having breakfast!

We love eating breakfast on the balcony. I agree that it can be difficult to balance everything though.. Normally we have some stuff on the floor, some stuff on the small table, and some stuff in our lap. Awkward, yes, but definitely a great experience.

I am another one that loves my breakfast and coffee on the balcony , and don't really consider it a problem fix your plate in the room take the pot of coffee and cups out to the little table and I am set. Will do the same on port days after coming back order some room service pick up a bucket of beer as we depart and we are set.

it's been two or three years, but i ordered eggs benedict on a few occasions. Basically if it's something they have on their dining room breakfast menu then you can ask for those items. I'm not sure about "special ordering"...for example if there is no french toast on the dining room breakfast menu, I don't think you can just special order it. Maybe others have but I haven't. I don't think you can do that though.

From time to time they seem to try and discourage ordering something not on the door hanger. A couple of times I have been told I couldn't do it, but once I told them I was able to do it other times they let it go. So, if they say something just let them know you were told others could do it and it wasn't a problem. I have never been told outright that they could not do it. I just said in my friendly voice, "Oh i was able to do it other times and it wasn't a problem...are you sure"? Never a problem ;-)

My DD and I went every morning to the WJ and retrieved brekkie for my family of 3 (sweetie treasures her slow wake-ups while I am more of a morning person and ready to go out into the world!) I love eating breakfast on the balcony and the WJ has more selection than room service; besides, how do you know as you're going to bed and filling out that room service card what time you're going to want to wake up the next morning? You're on vacation...it could be early or late (and personally, the idea of an unnecessary wakeup call on holidays leaves me frosty...)

One tip for "self-service room service": the WJ didn't have trays last time I was on Mariner so I learned to order a small room service (tea & cookies or similar) in the evening. Then I kept the tray in the room overnight, and brought it into the WJ to help carry my brekkie back the next morning. Oh yeah, and we got cookies at bedtime as a fringe benefit. Yum!

Does anybody have a menu for breakfast room service? We would love to eat in our room. Has anybody brought it back to the room to eat? Is that feasible? Thanks. Leaving in 5 weeks.

You can bring anything you want back to your room to eat.

besides, how do you know as you're going to bed and filling out that room service card what time you're going to want to wake up the next morning? You're on vacation...it could be early or late (and personally, the idea of an unnecessary wakeup call on holidays leaves me frosty...)
I order my room service breakfast by phone in the monring. It's never been a problem (except for not having the coffee the moment I wake up).

You can write in a few items. You have a choice of a large or small pot of coffee. The small is very small. You have to try the bram muffins.

There are no trays in the WJ, so take the one that is under your ice bucket, not very big but better than nothing.

Don't forget to tip the server a 2 or 3 dollars for their trouble. They will call right before they deliver.

It is very relaxing to have breakfast or pre-breakfast on the balcony,

For those of you who have had success with adding "written in" items on the hanging menu and having them delivered no problem through room service...what items did you request that weren't on the menu?

:confused:

it's been two or three years, but i ordered eggs benedict on a few occasions. Basically if it's something they have on their dining room breakfast menu then you can ask for those items. I'm not sure about "special ordering"...for example if there is no french toast on the dining room breakfast menu, I don't think you can just special order it. Maybe others have but I haven't. I don't think you can do that though.

From time to time they seem to try and discourage ordering something not on the door hanger. A couple of times I have been told I couldn't do it, but once I told them I was able to do it other times they let it go. So, if they say something just let them know you were told others could do it and it wasn't a problem. I have never been told outright that they could not do it. I just said in my friendly voice, "Oh i was able to do it other times and it wasn't a problem...are you sure"? Never a problem ;-)

slyster...thanks for the info, I'll be sure and check out the dining room's breakfast menu to determine what I might be able to get away with "writing in"!

:)

For those of you who have had success with adding "written in" items on the hanging menu and having them delivered no problem through room service...what items did you request that weren't on the menu?

:confused:

I have many times written "banana" and they always bring it.

One tip for "self-service room service": the WJ didn't have trays last time I was on Mariner so I learned to order a small room service (tea & cookies or similar) in the evening. Then I kept the tray in the room overnight, and brought it into the WJ to help carry my brekkie back the next morning. Oh yeah, and we got cookies at bedtime as a fringe benefit. Yum!

I like this tip - THANKS!

Jan

• 3 weeks later...

you asked me to take a pic of the menu for you - do you still need it? Sorry - took a while to find you....

you asked me to take a pic of the menu for you - do you still need it? Sorry - took a while to find you....

I would like to see one if you don't mind have a bunch of newbies going with us and they would be thrilled to see it and I could just foward it along I'm kind of computer illiterate:o

strous1@msn.com thanks

Room service is the best wake up call EVER. If this service were available at home, mornings would be much better. The call comes, I make a trip to the bathroom and there's the knock on the door with a big pot of coffee, juice and whatever I ordered the night before. Sometimes it's a surprise because I can't remember. I nibble and sip while getting ready to head to either the Windjammer or MDR. I sit on the balcony enjoying my coffee watching the activity on the pier. Nice :D.

Archived