Breakfast room service menu

breakfast in the cabin is not all it's cut out to be...unless you have something cold like rolls, pastries, cold cereal or bagels and smoked salmon...otherwise it arrives luke warm.

I guess thats your opinion and your entitled to it :) but I disagree , I hate luke warm food , and I ate breakfast most morning on our balcony on the AOS on 2 different cruises and once on The Summitt . This will be our 3rd venture on RCI guess we test the waters on this one. :)

Agree with the poster who said try the Bran Muffins, they are AWESOME :)

I like certain pastries & fruit, plus those muffins. I preprint neon address labels and insert the quantity of desired items, adhere to the menu and walla...never a problem getting what I've requested.

breakfast in the cabin is not all it's cut out to be...unless you have something cold like rolls, pastries, cold cereal or bagels and smoked salmon...otherwise it arrives luke warm.

I order room service breakfast every morning and have never had that problem.

WOW! You had hard copy of a room service menu!?! You must know someone important! When I asked for one at guest services they told me it was on the TV. When I explained that it scrolls rather fast, they said that it was on the TV. Thanks!

When I did order, the cheese plate had 2 of 5 cheeses with mold...and they weren't blue cheese!

We did have breakfast in the room one morning-I made 2 trips up & down the stairs & sat on the bed to eat. It was rather nice & I can see how it would have been enjoyable if only our service wasn't so very BAD!

Love Room Service, especially for breakfast. On the Oasis, the food always arrived on time and piping hot. Plus, those high tables they have on the balcony make it so much easier to dine. For those of you who haven't done so, I urge you to order breakfast to be delivered just as you arrive in port, especially the Bahamas. The lighthouse, the spit with all of the homes, and Atlantis in the distance combined with the birds, hidden somewhere but chirping madly, make it a surreal experience!

Love Room Service, especially for breakfast. On the Oasis, the food always arrived on time and piping hot. Plus, those high tables they have on the balcony make it so much easier to dine. For those of you who haven't done so, I urge you to order breakfast to be delivered just as you arrive in port, especially the Bahamas. The lighthouse, the spit with all of the homes, and Atlantis in the distance combined with the birds, hidden somewhere but chirping madly, make it a surreal experience!

You guys have to STOP we dont cruise for a couple of months and all I can think about is sitting on that balcony with a cup of coffee and smelling that ocean air :D:D

Do try the dining room for breakfast...it's a lovely atmosphere, with tableclothes and table service...no waiting in line for jam or syrup while your food gets cold! No trying to find a clean table....everything is on the table, condiment-wise, so when your food is brought to you, you can dig right in!

Would also like to mention for the OP that when you dine in the MDR for breakfast you won't be seated at the table you sit at for dinner. They will seat you at tables with other diners. Same goes for lunch. Gives you the opportunity to meet other people on the ship.

Would also like to mention for the OP that when you dine in the MDR for breakfast you won't be seated at the table you sit at for dinner. They will seat you at tables with other diners. Same goes for lunch. Gives you the opportunity to meet other people on the ship.

You can also request your own table. Some people just don't feel like chatting first thing in the morning. They need to have their joe in peace before they can focus. lol Now, why am I in a mood for a cupa?

Have to agree..coffee & rolls on the balcony that first morning just really brings home I'm on a CRUISE!!:D

I did try to write in French toast once though & was told I could not get that..hmmm..will have to try using my "nice" voice next time & ask again!

[quote name='LooseStool']Love breakfast on the balcony although I don't know how anyone can drink a hot cup of coffee outside in the 95 degree heat.[/QUOTE]

In Oct. its not that bad at 7am , but I love my coffee on vacation an a sports page:( but dont get that on a cruise so I settle for a beautiful view. :D

[quote name='Evilgrin72']Can you post it in here so people don't have to besiege you with e-mails? :D

TIA.........[/quote]

sure here you go....
[IMG]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_9euBDC_-AHU/THTpTS2YOBI/AAAAAAAAAug/6Xb8fpN00Bs/s512/DSCF2519.JPG[/IMG]

• 2 months later...
[quote name='amethyst365']sure here you go....
[IMG]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_9euBDC_-AHU/THTpTS2YOBI/AAAAAAAAAug/6Xb8fpN00Bs/s512/DSCF2519.JPG[/IMG][/quote]

I am able to read everything but the first three and last item under Country Breakfast. Anyone else remember or could I get a copy of the original pic?

[quote name='mbjonsn']Our favorite thing to do is order room service for breakfast. It's awesome to enjoy it on your balcony and we never have issue balancing it...it's well worth the effort. Enjoy!! :)[/quote]

Agreed! We did it every morning @ 7:00 while the ship was pulling into port! Awesome! We worked the balace and lap thing out pretty good...Never a problem!

[quote name='PhoenixJ']I am able to read everything but the first three and last item under Country Breakfast. Anyone else remember or could I get a copy of the original pic?[/quote]
Pretty sure first is scrambled eggs and second is scrambled egg beaters. Other lines under are to choose bacon or sausage. We only ordered coffee and pastries so I only read that area quickly.

[quote name='LooseStool']Love breakfast on the balcony although I don't know how anyone can drink a hot cup of coffee outside in the 95 degree heat.[/quote]

I always order a pot of coffee and a bucket of ice! Iced coffee for me on the baloncy in the morning:D

My husband was not very interested in cruising, so I booked a balcony room thinking that would make it more enjoyable for him. It worked. He loved drinking his coffee on the balcony and watching the ship dock. It was his favorite part of the cruise. He could relax and get his fix of coffee in the morning. :) We ordered the eggs, bacon, hash browns, and our food always arrived warm. But we are not fussy, I appreciate somebody else doing the cooking. We are going on a cruise in January and I am so excited to sit on the balcony and watch the beautiful world go by. Thanks for the great discussion everyone.

:):):):)

[quote name='JD26']My husband was not very interested in cruising, so I booked a balcony room thinking that would make it more enjoyable for him. It worked.
:):):):)[/quote]

Same thing happened with my sister! She got stuck putting up with a cross country drive her hubby wanted to take on a vacation. She hates car rides! They drove from Chicago to San Diego and back (and only stayed 4 days). He owed her one so she said she wanted to go on a cruise. He has ALWAYS refused to cruise. Last 2 cruises she took with me!

So this time he caved in (because he owed her a trip of her choice) and they booked a 7 day cruise. It was the first balcony for her also. He was a total BEAR leading up to the cruise. Griped and complained the whole time about having to take this cruise. She thought she would kill him.... ( had my passport ready in case he backed out!!)

And even though they had horrible weather.. and only had one nice port day... he had a BLAST! His favorite thing was sitting on the balcony having coffee and watching the ocean. And he is already wanting to take another cruise in March. Wasn't so bad after all I guess!

Archived