Insurance question

Jacob0525

Can someone recommend a travel insurance company that will cover most of the trip cost in case I have to work? I will graduate from school on January 20th, 2011 and we plan on going on a 5 night cruise on January 22nd. My concern is that I may be offered a job when I get out of school. If this happens, hopefully they can wait a week. But this question is for "just in case".... Thanks for your input.

For most entry-level post-college jobs, they will let you set your start date anywhere within a reasonable range, so I wouldn't worry too much.

If you are still concerned, you need a cancel-for-any-reason policy. However, you will be unable to purchase one if you put your deposit down more than two weeks ago.

Many policies have "work-reason" riders, but they require an officer of the company to certify that they must have you working. Given that you haven't even started yet, that is unlikely.

SirWired

Along with what everyone elso has contributed,

there's not a reasonable employeer out there who wouldn't allow you to delay your "Start" date by a week. If they got huffy about something like this, you would probably be better served by not going to work for them anyway.

Archived