How is May

I was wondering how May is to go on a cruise. We are trying to convince my brother and his wife to go with us either on Freedom of the Seas or Oasis, we are thinking about Freedom just for the price right now. I just wanted to know what the crowds are like on the ship in May and if its a good time to go? We would preferably like to go in early May.

There is nothing wrong with May. But I would say that it depends somewhat on where you live and what you are looking for. We usually cruise around the end of February because it is a nice break from the New England winter and when we get back it isn't much longer until the weather breaks for spring.

We are cruising on Freedom May 8, 2011- come join the fun!! We picked that time for 2 reasons. The first is that my 40th birthday is May 9th and that is a good enough reason right there, but mostly because aside from one other week in April, that was the cheapest of all the other dates we looked at. Like others have said, April vacation has just ended and school hasn't let out yet. Can't wait!

Edited to say that the prices have only changed $40 on one cabin catagory since we booked in March, so the prices are still great!

The ship will be full most likely, but less likely those passengers will be children. We sailed Oasis in May and there were kids, but not overrun and there were always loungers available. Later in summer, forget it. :p

May is nice weather in the Caribbean but not yet too hot (for people like myself who prefer warm over hot!).

Have fun. :)

We cruised in May in 2009 and are going again in 2010. We picked May for two reasons - not hurricane season and most kids are still in school. The weather was great to - leaving for the northeast it was a little cool - 60's but the islands were 80's - it was great !

My DH and I usually cruise in May and Dec. We are empty nesters and enjoy not having as many children around. Plus it is some of the best prices. We have Allure booked for May 22,2011. Our price just dropped $400 a person from when we originally booked it last December while on Oasis.:D

You might want to go early May to avoid the crowd; most schools don't get out until mid or end of May.

My anniversary is May 2nd, so we have cruised 4 times around this time of year and I will expand slightly. Many, but not all schools have a spring break in April, and the schools are buckling down to finish the school year which goes into June for high school and below for the most part. Some colleges get out a little earlier, but we have found this to be a great time to cruise for weather and less kids.

Archived