Excursion question for 3 days in BERMUDA

Hi everyone.

My wife and I have never taken a NCL cruise and well Sept of next year we are thinking of trying one. Specifically the Gem out of NYC Sept 2011.

Here is our question. With 3 days in bermuda we were wondering how do the excursions work? I am a SCUBA diver and would love to go diving in Bermuda. I also want to do an island tour(highlights etc etc). Do they offer certain excursions per day or do they offer every excursion every day that we are there?

We have never stayed in one place overnight and/or for three days. We are definitely curious on how this works. Thanks for the info.

Hi everyone.

My wife and I have never taken a NCL cruise and well Sept of next year we are thinking of trying one. Specifically the Gem out of NYC Sept 2011.

Here is our question. With 3 days in bermuda we were wondering how do the excursions work? I am a SCUBA diver and would love to go diving in Bermuda. I also want to do an island tour(highlights etc etc). Do they offer certain excursions per day or do they offer every excursion every day that we are there?

We have never stayed in one place overnight and/or for three days. We are definitely curious on how this works. Thanks for the info.

There are numerous different excursions everyday but I would recommend doing everything on your own. You can get anywhere on the island by bus and it is approximately $24 for 3 days pp. We went in August of last year and explored the whole island without a shore excursion. It is much cheaper and very easy. Bermuda has an awesome tourism website too. I would check that out. If you've never been to Bermuda before, the 3 day NCL is the best as you get a real feel for the whole island. It was the best cruise we've been on and Bermuda is by far our favorite!

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=2573502

Here's a link to a diver that lives in Bermuda,he will answer any questions you have.I have been there three times and always rent a moped,its much easier than any other way of getting around.With the big ships that go there now the bus's do get full along with taxis and you can waste a lot of time waiting around.Keep in mind you will dock at Kings Wharf,which is out in the boondocks at one end of the island.Before when the smaller ships would dock at both St.Cat. and Hamilton it was much easier to get around.You can do just about anything you can dream of on your own,just do your research before you go,and you will be fine.Bermuda is a GREAT island and we will be there later this month for our 4th time.

We didn't do one ship-sponsored excursion last week. But, we did see much of the island by taking a bus (#7) from the Dockyard to Hamilton and changing to another (#11) at the Hamilton terminus to continue on to St. George's. The ride was just what my wife wanted...an impression of Bermuda, and was made even better by the "tour" provided by a friendly local in the next seat. As for diving, there are at least two(could be more) boats available right at the Dockyard.

Archived