Buenos Aires what to see

relevart

yep, as mentioned by cruiseyguy, city tour is great option for your short stay. there are (I think I remember this correctly) 47 neighborhoods in B.A.. Each is unique but not all are worth visiting.

If you opt out of a tour I would head to the Recoleta neighborhood where Our Lady of the Pillars is located in front of the cemetary. Evita is buried there as are Argentinas most illustrious. I suppose buried is a misnomer since they're in crypts.

Nearby is the Alvear Palace Hotel, lovely, lovely, lovely. Don't bother with the high tea - when I did it some of the items were frozen and not so tasty. But, the bar area is a gorgeous place to retreat from the heat, noise and congestion of the big city. Have a snack and a drink. They also have a magnificent espresso maker which is worth a look.

if you also go to La Boca, a neighborhood right near the docks, you'll see tango in the streets and have an opportunity to dance a bit with one of the dancers. if you do go to Boca be careful, it's very touristy and hence draws pickpockets and scam artists.

Enjoy!

Archived