When does the port in Baltimore open?

Rositer11

DW and I are sailing on the Pride out of Baltimore at the end of the month. We are going to park our car there for the week. However, I cant get a straight answer on when the parking area opens. Some sites say 10 am others have said 12. Does anyone know for sure? We have read that if we arrive too early we have to wait in lines with other cars and even taxies. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you:D

Officially the Port of Baltimore site says, "The cruise terminal entrance opens at 8:00 a.m. or two hours after the ship arrives."

It is definitely open before noon and I believe they are letting cars in by 10:00am or so. Not sure about logic getting there that early however and if they will be able to accommodate you in the terminal. It also seems like the Pride has had a very irregular return and departure schedule lately, due to weather, etc. which effects when they begin handling passengers.

You can not compare Baltimore with other ports like NY or Bayonne, Even Florida ports where you can go early and get onboard early.

baltimore is a later the usual boarding process since the ship arrives later then other ships.

Maybe that is why you are getting conflicting information-- people giving you information based on other ports?

or giving you information about Baltimore from a few months ago- the Pride hours were changed recently to a little earlier then what was the norm

The cruise terminal entrance opens at 8:00 a.m. or two hours after the ship arrives; however, do not arrive prior to the embarkation time on your ticket.

Maybe this is why you get different answers-- two hours AFTER the ship arrives- maybe this is why the cars, and taxi and waiting to be led in.

(interesting)

The ship is scheduled to arrive in B'More at 10am. Carnival has to wait for US Customs to clear them to debark passengers and that can take a couple of hours to accomplish. Then after all returning passengers are off and when Carnival feels the ship is ready they will allow boarding to begin.

I would say with it's newly revised schedule barring any unforeseen circumstances boarding should start approx. 12:30

Archived