Happy Hour

TheMaccas

I have read a review where HAL has a happy hour every night. Is this correct?

has anyone taken advantage of this?

Most HAL ships have them. The location can vary but most often they are held at the Ocean Bar or Crow's Nest. The times also vary but usually one hour or so before early seating. The drinks are 2 for 1 during happy hour. Just check your daily program for location and time.

Most HAL ships have them. The location can vary but most often they are held at the Ocean Bar or Crow's Nest. The times also vary but usually one hour or so before early seating. The drinks are 2 for 1 during happy hour. Just check your daily program for location and time.

Happy Hour is held daily both in the Ocean Bar and the Crow's Nest from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.:)

I was on the Nieuw Amsterdam 12-day Venice to Barcelona last week, and there were 3 happy hours on most (all?) nights. Looking at 3 of the daily programs, the happy hours were:

- Ocean Bar 4-5pm

- Crows Nest 8-9 or 9-10 pm

- Silk Den 10-11 pm.

they also had happy hour in the Piano Bar between 10:30-11:30 pm on the Oosterdam

How's the piano bar on the O? Is it usually crowded?

And btw, (fun fact, kpalmer, I'm from Surrey, BC too :p)

Had to be VERY slow and VERY empty if they scheduled Happy Hour at 10:30 pm... probably just to bring some people in.

More often than not on most other ships we have been on, the Piano Bar is quite busy at that time.

We enjoyed happy hour in the Crow's Nest from 4 - 5 every day of our 19 day cruise round trip to Hawaii last year. We found no limitations on what brand or how much we could have. We were on the Zaandam.:)

This will be my first cruise where I am of age (21 years). I am very anxious to try out the piano bar!!:)

Your first time in the Piano Bar? Did anyone tell you about the initiation process?

You have to stand on the piano and do your best imitation of Cindy Lauper, then buy everyone STILL in the piano bar a drink !!! :D:D:D

Seriously, Piano Bars on HAL ships are all different based on the ship and the entertainer...some good, some bad. Hope you enjoy it !

Your first time in the Piano Bar? Did anyone tell you about the initiation process?

You have to stand on the piano and do your best imitation of Cindy Lauper, then buy everyone STILL in the piano bar a drink !!! :D:D:D

Seriously, Piano Bars on HAL ships are all different based on the ship and the entertainer...some good, some bad. Hope you enjoy it !

Hahaha thanks :cool:

Considering it will be my first time in the piano bar, I don't think I'll be too picky about the entertainment. Knowing me, I'll just soak it all in and enjoy it no matter what.

What do I have to compare it to, right?

And plus, I'm sure ANY piano bar entertainment is better than that crappy rap/hip hop junk they play on the radio these days.. :p

Happy Hour is held daily both in the Ocean Bar and the Crow's Nest from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.:)

It's mildly annoying they have it before early dinner seatings but never before late dining.

We have Traditional 8 P.M. dining and think we should have the same offering but we do not. :rolleyes:

Had to be VERY slow and VERY empty if they scheduled Happy Hour at 10:30 pm... probably just to bring some people in.

More often than not on most other ships we have been on, the Piano Bar is quite busy at that time.

Actually it was quite busy. Rolland was the entertainer on the piano and he was great:D

It's mildly annoying they have it before early dinner seatings but never before late dining.

We have Traditional 8 P.M. dining and think we should have the same offering but we do not. :rolleyes:

On the Prinsendam, April 2009, and the Rotterdam, March 2010, we had Happy Hour in the Crow's Nest 7-8PM before our late dining. Early Happy Hour on both ships was held in the Ocean Bar and Crow's Nest. The later (7-8PM) one was only in the Crow's Nest.

Bob

I was on the Nieuw Amsterdam 12-day Venice to Barcelona last week, and there were 3 happy hours on most (all?) nights. Looking at 3 of the daily programs, the happy hours were:

- Ocean Bar 4-5pm

- Crows Nest 8-9 or 9-10 pm

- Silk Den 10-11 pm.

Yipee - good to know SJS9738...we'll be on the NA for January...nice that 3 different hours were available for your cruise - hoping ours will be the same.

I like the idea of a late night happy hour too! We did 2 for 1 in Ocean onboard Oosterdam last year... were introduced to Mojtos and returned each night for them before getting ready for dinner. :D

That's because us folks in late seating are ALREADY happy...

...and they'd lose out on all the revenue we generate for them during our impromptu parties!

;)

That's because us folks in late seating are ALREADY happy...

...and they'd lose out on all the revenue we generate for them during our impromptu parties!

;)

Hi Brian.....

Nice to 'see' you. And you're right....... they know we'll be enjoying our cocktails regardless two for one or not. :D

Archived