Progressive Trivia

cruzcntrl

So I've seen trivia listed on the Epic dailies, but not specifically the progressive triva that we loved so much on the Dawn a year and half ago. Does anyone know if they have this on Epic (or if NCL still does this at all).

We love trivia and have had some great times participating in the cruise trivia on our previous trips.

So I've seen trivia listed on the Epic dailies, but not specifically the progressive triva that we loved so much on the Dawn a year and half ago. Does anyone know if they have this on Epic (or if NCL still does this at all).

We love trivia and have had some great times participating in the cruise trivia on our previous trips.

The only cruise line I've seen progressive trivia is Carnival. NCL managemnet has made a conscious decision to de-emphacize social hosts and activities on the ship other than pub crawls. They seem to have the mindset that if it doesn't produce revenue then it's not important and should be cut.

The Dawn must have some enterprising social hosts that do it on their own initiative.

Not sure what progressive trivia is, but on the Jewel last year, there were a couple of trivia sessions daily. They also had shout it out trivia, which was really fun too. This was a 14 day repo cruise and I had quite a few activity cards to redeem at the end of the cruise for logo items. By the way, the cruise director staff on this sailing was fantastic! RCCL also has 'name that tune" which is really fun too.

Our next cruise is a 13 day with a total of 10 sea days (Barcelona-Miami) and I hope that they have not eliminated these activities.

I believe progressive trivia used to be on all NC ships, but the last time I sailed was December 2008, so it may not be around anymore.

Progressive trivia is where you have a set time each night to go play trivia and at the end of each session you tally up your score and add it to your total score for the week. Then on the last day of the cruise the team/person with the highest score for the week is the winner. It was so much fun because you got to go against the same people every night and it got pretty competitive (friendly).

If its not still around, I just have to settle for all the other trivia times I've seen listed on the dailies - but I was just curious.

Archived