Holland America Eurodam VT cabins and The Retreat

We have booked 11006 for May 5/2011 cruise out of Barcelona for my daughters wedding. I have read all the reviews about VT cabins and the cabanas and that is why we booked - thanks to everyone on the reviews as it helped us make that decision. My question is about the retreat and the lounges and chairs on the deck ( not the cabanas) - can anyone use them in the days or evenings? Is it closed to only anyone who rents the cabanas? We were hoping to use them at night to sit around with everyone and talk and maybe take our own wine from the room. If you rent the cabanas can you bring friends up there anytime and can they stay there. Can you bring your own wine up there and sit and talk in the evening. During the day we would buy from the boat but it is the evening I am really interested in.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

The chairs and tables are reserved only for those people who rent the cabanas in the Retreat.

They are open from 9 AM until 5 PM.

You are allowed 2 adults and 2 children in each cabana.

Yes you can take your own wine to the Retreat.

This is not an area where you can sit around late in the evening to talk -- it will be closed off. But there are other places where you can sit around and talk -- by the aft pool, the Lido pool -- any bar/lounge.

Archived