Infinity questions

colkeena

We are thinking of booking a Panama canal trip this October.We enjoy reading on the deck but can't take the sun.Do we book even or odd numbered cabins to get shade during the day?(don't know correct termonology)

First cruise with Celebrity-Diamond with RCCL.

Any cabin or deck we should keep away from?Booking cheapest balcony available.Hope they have a Tuesday sale this week.

Thanks

Hi,

I highly recommend that you select a Concierge Class stateroom on Deck 9. We, like you, are not sun worshippers..., so we always opt for a Deck 9 stateroom since the veranda staterooms there are shaded by an overhang from the deck above.

As to the cheapest balcony staterooms, those would likely be on lower decks, and the shade during the day will depend largely on which direction you are sailing. For instance, if you're coming down the west coast, prior to the Canal transit, you'll have sun on the port side staterooms in the morning and sun on the starboard side in the afternoon.

BTW, unless you're tied to October, there's a very nice group going on the Infinity next April. ;):D

Have a wonderful cruise!!

CM

Hi,

I highly recommend that you select a Concierge Class stateroom on Deck 9. We, like you, are not sun worshippers..., so we always opt for a Deck 9 stateroom since the veranda staterooms there are shaded by an overhang from the deck above.

CM

What CelebrityMan said is correct, but you should also know that the overhang of which he speaks is out about 10 or 12 feet!! :eek:

What that means is you have NO view of the sky (moon and stars on a romantic eve on the balcony ;)). Also if you plan on taking pictures, the braces for that overhang block views and will make picture-taking impossible.

I would opt for the 8th deck - you still get the shade from the overhang, but not all the cons.

Hope This Helps.

If you join us on Oct 24th, the "Eastbound" crossing, you want to be on the PORT side of the ship. At least while at sea, the Port side of the ship will face generally East or North except on the last two sea days.

Conversely, if you are sailing "Westbound," you want to be on the Starboard side to get most of the shade.

We have a growing group on our roll call - hope to see you on board!

If you join us on Oct 24th, the "Eastbound" crossing, you want to be on the PORT side of the ship. At least while at sea, the Port side of the ship will face generally East or North except on the last two sea days.

Conversely, if you are sailing "Westbound," you want to be on the Starboard side to get most of the shade.

We have a growing group on our roll call - hope to see you on board!

This would be exactly the opposite to the old stand by term "POSH" and should work. :)

The sun will be directly over head at that latitude regardless so there generally will be some shade on most balconies. The Aft ones would take care of you for sure.

This would be exactly the opposite to the old stand by term "POSH" and should work. :)

Bob ... this probably depends on where you call "Home". If your "home" is on the West Coast then POSH still works. (For those from Florida though it would have to be "SOPH")

Lyle

You being such an old salt on the leftcoast...I defer to your wisdom. :D

Does that mean your blades need to go the the other way too if you want to stay in the shade? Or do you just go backwards?.

I just Assumed that the op was from the east. Lol. It's an old upper Canada thing that I can't get rid of. Sorry.:)

It's an old upper Canada thing that I can't get rid of. Sorry.:)

Bob ... you crack me up! Hope you and Jude have been doing OK. Incidentally, we are heading out to AK (again) on Infinity next Friday (SOSH since they won't let us change cabins halfway :D). Hope to have a chance to speak with Jim and Kathleen as we are pass through Seattle on Thursday.

Archived