Intercom system

I'd rather be able to hear the announcements in-room and have the option to shut them off if desired.

Usually by the time you realize there is an announcement it's nearly over by the time you open the cabin door to listen.

• 3 weeks later...
I'd rather be able to hear the announcements in-room and have the option to shut them off if desired.

Usually by the time you realize there is an announcement it's nearly over by the time you open the cabin door to listen.

I would like that as well. I was sure that we got all the annoucements piped into our stateroom on our first cruise on the Majesty... but that was a long time ago...

The announcements are primarily stuff that you can get from reading the Compass (bingo times, etc). You won't really miss anything if you just refer to your Compass. For emergencies, you will hear it from your cabin regardless of the settings (we know from experience).

Archived